John G

Default Shower and low water pressure

I have a flat on the 9th floor of a block and suffer from intermittant low
water pressure.

I have an electric shower (8?kw) which therefore works ok at times, and is
cold at times. I suspect the feed is from a tank on the roof (10th floor)
and we suffer low pressure, esp. at peak times.

Would it make sense to pump hot water from the immersion heater to the
shower?

Thanks

John

Set Square

John G wrote:

I have a flat on the 9th floor of a block and suffer from
intermittant low water pressure.

I have an electric shower (8?kw) which therefore works ok at times,
and is cold at times. I suspect the feed is from a tank on the roof
(10th floor) and we suffer low pressure, esp. at peak times.

Would it make sense to pump hot water from the immersion heater to the
shower?

Thanks

John

I'm not *quite* sure what you're saying. A cold electric shower usually
results from too *high* a pressure - resulting in cold water flowing through
it at too fast a rate to be heated as it passes through.

But if you have a supply of stored hot water and a shower pump you'll get a
much better shower than you'll ever get with an electric one. Throw a way
the electric shower and install a decent power shower. You'll need a cold
feed from the header tank as well, of course - so that your new shower can
mix hot and cold to achieve the desired temperature.
--
Cheers,
Set Square