Default Do I really need 3 seperate spur's for GAS cooker, hob and hood ?

Do I really need 3 seperate spur's for GAS cooker, hob and hood ?

Both cooker and hob are GAS, so all 3 are 13Amp (not opened box yet so
assume)

If so, it seems silly spending out on getting posh spur's to match the
sockets I'm having. And not to mention having 3 of them.

I was thinking of putting 3 cheap spur plates above the top of the
cupboard ?

OR share a single Spur I don't mind buying one fancy spur

Brian Sharrock

wrote in message
oups.com...
Do I really need 3 seperate spur's for GAS cooker, hob and hood ?

Both cooker and hob are GAS, so all 3 are 13Amp (not opened box yet so
assume)

If so, it seems silly spending out on getting posh spur's to match the
sockets I'm having. And not to mention having 3 of them.

I was thinking of putting 3 cheap spur plates above the top of the
cupboard ?

OR share a single Spur I don't mind buying one fancy spur

You haven't given _positional_ information .... .
My oven (although it's electric) is a good eight feet - and across
the room - from the hob. one assumes the (extractor) hood is above
the hob. What is the 'geography' of your proposed installation
and the geography of the electrical supply?

--

Brian

Ok sorry for the omission.

The gas oven is intergrated with a seperate gas hob above. And above
them both is the silver hood.

There are electical mains sockets adjacent to the new install where
they are will all be sitting

powerstation

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok sorry for the omission.

The gas oven is intergrated with a seperate gas hob above. And above
them both is the silver hood.

There are electical mains sockets adjacent to the new install where
they are will all be sitting

I suppose you save on socket outlets as well with muliple adaptors or by
wiring your fridge and food mixer in the same 13a plug top.

good idea

will do

Doctor Drivel

wrote in message
oups.com...
Do I really need 3 seperate spur's for GAS cooker, hob and hood ?

Both cooker and hob are GAS, so all 3 are 13Amp (not opened box yet so
assume)

If so, it seems silly spending out on getting posh spur's to match the
sockets I'm having. And not to mention having 3 of them.

I was thinking of putting 3 cheap spur plates above the top of the
cupboard ?

OR share a single Spur I don't mind buying one fancy spur

Do it the proper way.

http://www.memonline.com/supergrid.html

This is a gridswitch, which can be in a cupboard and a switch for each
appliance. No ugly fused spurs above the worktops. All switches in one
easy point.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
OR share a single Spur I don't mind buying one fancy spur

Do it the proper way.

http://www.memonline.com/supergrid.html

This is a gridswitch, which can be in a cupboard and a switch for each
appliance.

Isolating switches need to be within reach of the appliance.

No ugly fused spurs above the worktops.

If the device needs to be fed from an FCU then you'll still have to
provide a suitable fuse. And, of course, a cord outlet. Or a socket and
simply plug the appliance in to that.

All switches in one easy point.

Easy point for what? They're not operational switches like you'd have for
lights.

--
*Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

OR share a single Spur I don't mind buying one fancy spur

Do it the proper way.

http://www.memonline.com/supergrid.html

This is a gridswitch, which can be in a cupboard and a switch for each
appliance.

snip senility

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
This is a gridswitch, which can be in a cupboard and a switch for
each appliance.

snip senility

But you didn't. You left in the above.

--
*Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?