Nigel Molesworth

Default Where?

OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

--
Nigel M
Roger Wareham

Nigel Molesworth wrote:

OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Pop out and buy another one and you'll find it within five minutes of
getting back.

Roger.
Frank Erskine

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:26:18 +0100, Roger Wareham
wrote:

Nigel Molesworth wrote:

OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Pop out and buy another one and you'll find it within five minutes of
getting back.

It didn't take me even that long after I'd lost a steel tape measure.
I'd searched high and low for it, then went and bought another.
Getting back into the car I dropped it into the car door pocket, where
it rattled against........ the old one.

--
Frank Erskine
Brian Reay

"Roger Wareham" wrote in message
Nigel Molesworth wrote:

OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Pop out and buy another one and you'll find it within five minutes of
getting back.

Better still, look in the last place you would expect to find it.

After all, whenever you find something you've misplaced it is always in the
last place you look ;-)

--
73
Brian, G8OSN

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

In a compact place.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Sparks

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Probably under the floorboards near where you last used it :-)

Sparks...

Lobster

wrote:

Nigel Molesworth wrote:

OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Pop out and buy another one and you'll find it within five minutes of
getting back.

It didn't take me even that long after I'd lost a steel tape measure.
I'd searched high and low for it, then went and bought another.
Getting back into the car I dropped it into the car door pocket, where
it rattled against........ the old one.

Hmm. That's why I have four tape measures and five (count 'em) stanley
knives...

David

Sam Nelson

In article ,
"Sparks" writes:
"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Probably under the floorboards near where you last used it :-)

Are you a surgeon, by any chance?
--
SAm.
david lang

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

It's in the blue toolbox in the shelf.

Dave

Nigel Molesworth

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:01:39 +0100, Sparks wrote:

Probably under the floorboards near where you last used it :-)

Give that man a cigar! Unfortunately, I had just bought another one.

--
Nigel M

Sparks

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:01:39 +0100, Sparks wrote:

Probably under the floorboards near where you last used it :-)

Give that man a cigar! Unfortunately, I had just bought another one.

--
Nigel M

:-)

It's always the first place I look (now!) (unless it is less effort ro go
buy a new tool!!)

Sparks...

Sparks

Probably under the floorboards near where you last used it :-)

Are you a surgeon, by any chance?
--
SAm.

Lol!

Nope, just done it a few times!

Sparks...

Alan Deane

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

--
Nigel M

Just outside Norwich?

RedOnRed

"Alan Deane" wrote in message

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

--
Nigel M

Did you ever see that Alas Smith & Jones send up of The French Connection
where they ripped a car apart looking fo drugs, to the point where there was
just a chassis left? They then sat down & looked at each other and asked "is
there any where we haven't checked?" To which the other one said "well,
there is the glove compartment". They looked in there and there was a huge
wad of drugs.

To get to the point...perhaps it's some where to obvious to contemplate.

Fitz

Brian Reay wrote:
snip
After all, whenever you find something you've misplaced it is always in the
last place you look ;-)

I told my wife this the other day when she'd lost something and was
proven to be right on that occasion.

Unfortuntately by way of retaliation she pointed out that when I lose
something it's actually always in the first place I look - I just don't
see it until I've done a full lap of the house and garage. This
unfortunately is very true.

--
Steve F

EricP

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:19:52 +0100, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

You leant it to me ages ago.

Do not expect it's return in the near future.

Sorry
Dave Jones

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

--
Nigel M

On the second shelf down in the shed, on the left!

John Rumm

Lobster wrote:

Hmm. That's why I have four tape measures and five (count 'em) stanley
knives...

I spent about five mins today searching for my favourite wire cutters
and strippers....

found them where I had left them: in my left hand!

--
Cheers,

John.

Matt

Nigel Molesworth wrote:

OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Pop out and buy another one and you'll find it within five minutes of
getting back.

Better still, look in the last place you would expect to find it.

After all, whenever you find something you've misplaced it is always in the
last place you look ;-)

Not always, sometimes you look everywhere, give up and then find it
hours/days/weeks/months later in a place you *know* you've already
checked.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Matt
URL:mailto

Not always, sometimes you look everywhere, give up and then find it
hours/days/weeks/months later in a place you *know* you've already
checked.

Ah, the marriage fairy strikes again. :-)

--
AJL
Clive Dive

If my memory serves me correctly it will be in exactly the same place as
you find it! Unless of course it is hidden under a pile of 'plug tops'
and '4 gang extension leads' !! If this is the case then you have no
chance since it has been stated by the 'Sages' of this page that no such
items exist! I was going to post something that I overheard in the
local DIY shop a few years ago, but after my previous berating I am
unsure. Anyway , off to the Dive Show at the NEC . You think there are
some sad b4stards on this forum...you want to encounter some of the
Diving fraternity!!!!

raden

In message , Nigel
Molesworth writes
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Well, I find that if I ignore things that are hiding from me, and go and
look for something else, the original "lost" item gets jealous, comes
out of hiding and stares me in the face

--
geoff
raden

In message , Dave
writes
Rob Morley wrote:

In article ,
says...

Lobster wrote:

Hmm. That's why I have four tape measures and five (count 'em)
stanley knives...

I spent about five mins today searching for my favourite wire cutters
and strippers....

found them where I had left them: in my left hand!

Been there, done that ... now where did I leave the T-shirt?

A few weeks ago, I bought a nearly new Rover from the Rover group as
was. It was a good price and I was quite happy to buy it.

And then they mislaid the factory

--
geoff

david lang

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Don't keep us in suspence - did you ever find it?

Dave

Nigel Molesworth

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:43:24 GMT, raden wrote:

Well, I find that if I ignore things that are hiding from me, and go and
look for something else, the original "lost" item gets jealous, comes
out of hiding and stares me in the face

I often wondered why that happened. While I was looking for the pipe
cutter, I found: a calculator, a bag of pipe clips, a Stanley knife,
some hemp (the stuff you use with a pipe g), the flap from the TV
remote, and a spare chainsaw blade. No Biros though.

--
Nigel M
david lang

Rob Morley wrote:

I guess you missed this one then:

Sorry, I was busy looking under my floorboards in case it was
there..................

I'll get my coat........

Dave

Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Matt
saying something like:

After all, whenever you find something you've misplaced it is always in the
last place you look ;-)

Not always, sometimes you look everywhere, give up and then find it
hours/days/weeks/months later in a place you *know* you've already
checked.

Hah. Often it's been 'tidied away'.
--

Dave

Dave Fawthrop

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 23:52:03 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:

| We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
| drugs began to take hold. I remember Matt
| saying something like:
|
| After all, whenever you find something you've misplaced it is always in the
| last place you look ;-)
|
| Not always, sometimes you look everywhere, give up and then find it
| hours/days/weeks/months later in a place you *know* you've already
| checked.
|
| Hah. Often it's been 'tidied away'.

By June :-( Then she expects me to know where things are :-((((
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
david lang

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

On this subject, there are now dozens of tools marketed in bright
flourescent colours to make them easier to find.

Until you reach the point where all your tools are bright flourescent
colours .................................................. ......

Dave

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Molesworth
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

--
Nigel M

Tried looking down the back of the sofa yet?
At least you might find some cash to put towards a new one.
Senior Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Molesworth
OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put
my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

--
Nigel M
Have you found it yet?