akrapus

Default Pilot flame

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is a gas consumption of a combo boiler flame?
Would it be worth switching it off every night?

Cheers,

Stevan

The3rd Earl Of Derby

akrapus wrote:
Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is a gas consumption of a combo boiler flame?
Would it be worth switching it off every night?

Cheers,

Stevan

If your tight fisted yes...but its no worth turning it off for the hassle
of ignighting every time you want hot water.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

raden

In message .com,
akrapus writes
Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is a gas consumption of a combo boiler flame?
Would it be worth switching it off every night?

It's been discussed to death a couple of times

google for it

--
geoff
Tony Bryer

In article .com,
Akrapus wrote:
Can anybody tell me what is a gas consumption of a combo boiler flame?
Would it be worth switching it off every night?

It depends on the flame g. ISTR a figure of £5 per quarter being
quoted - probably £7 now.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Christian McArdle

Can anybody tell me what is a gas consumption of a combo boiler flame?
Would it be worth switching it off every night?

That's quite an unusual boiler, then? By the time combis became popular,
most had electronic ignition.

I wouldn't bother. It would save fuel, but not a huge amount. It might also
wear out the ignitor if you did it every time you needed heat/hot water.

Christian.

raden

In message , Christian
McArdle writes
Can anybody tell me what is a gas consumption of a combo boiler flame?
Would it be worth switching it off every night?

That's quite an unusual boiler, then? By the time combis became popular,
most had electronic ignition.

I'm not so sure - how old is the Potterton Puma, for example ?

I wouldn't bother. It would save fuel, but not a huge amount. It might also
wear out the ignitor if you did it every time you needed heat/hot water.

Christian.

--
geoff
Ed Sirett

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:33:13 +0100, Christian McArdle wrote:

Can anybody tell me what is a gas consumption of a combo boiler flame?
Would it be worth switching it off every night?

That's quite an unusual boiler, then? By the time combis became popular,
most had electronic ignition.

Earlier Pott. Pumas.
Some C&M models which were bizarre as they have electronic
ignition of the permanent pilot!
Vokera RS 80.
Vaillant VCW 221
Vaillant Sine models.
I'm pretty sure I've seen some Ravenheat models with permanent pilots.

I wouldn't bother. It would save fuel, but not a huge amount. It might also
wear out the ignitor if you did it every time you needed heat/hot water.

Agreed.
The OP would be better putting their efforts into adding/upgrading the
controls to a programmable thermostat and TRVs on most radiators.
Running the boiler until it becomes beyond economic repair and only then
replacing it.

gas water heater - pilot occasionally goes out ? Bill Christens-Barry Home Ownership 1 June 17th 05 12:01 AM
Furnace flame sensor and possible fuel problem Bill Home Repair 13 February 22nd 05 12:24 AM
Propylene instead of acetylene? Gunner Metalworking 25 November 29th 04 03:42 AM
Furnace Pilot ng_reader Home Repair 5 October 17th 04 02:18 AM
boiler / central heating problem - main burner weak and cuts out SledgehammerSteve UK diy 8 March 16th 04 12:32 PM