Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Zipadee Doodar

Default urgent advice on tiling / artex please!

Plumber finally came yesterday and stripped out entire bathrom, leaving me a
clear field to remove old tiles before he returns on Monday to fit the new
stuff. We wanted to get rid of the floor to ceiling 6 inch square white
tiles and replace just to dado height apart from round the shower area,
plastering or arstecing above the dado. All the tiles are off now, revealing
a layer of.....floor to ceiling 6 inch off white tiles These are rock
solid, and I dont want to hack them off, in case the wall plaster beneath
comes apart, setting the whole job back by weeks while I get a plasterer in.
A quick confab with wife, and here is the plan: put new tiles as planned,
but over old, solid tiles. The question is, above my new tiles, above dado
height, is it feasible to skim coat, or arstec over the old tiles? Does
arstec stick to tiling?

We have waited the best part of a year to get this job on the go (let down
by several plumbers) so I don't want this to set us back any more. Any
advice much appreciated.

ZD

Shower Enclosure Tiling Advice Please! Big Al UK diy 2 May 12th 05 10:35 AM
Cutback on plywood and new vinyl tile, need advice. statepenn99 Home Repair 1 March 12th 05 05:56 PM
floor tiling advice kevin77 UK diy 1 January 23rd 05 11:01 AM
Tiling Advice - Any good reason I cant use mortar as Wall Tile Adhesive SledgehammerSteve UK diy 12 December 22nd 03 04:16 PM
Tiling Question John UK diy 6 August 2nd 03 10:18 AM