Default Gas Torch Burner

I have been looking around a gas torch burnrs and found out a few
things. In B&Q, the The Bernzomatic TS7000T http://tinyurl.com/agw43
is £40 for the burner, which takes MAPP gas bottles. Bernzomatic are
a very large supplier of burners.

The Rothenberger Sure Fire 2, which is "supposed" to be the best
http://www.rothenberger-tool-uk-sale...torch_kit.html
is £50 in PTS (£71 +VAT in Plumb Center!!)

The two burners are near identical. The Rothenberger is rated for MAPP
gas and propane gas cylidner usage. The Bernzomatic states MAPP, but
no mention if it can run on just propane like the Rothenberger. I want
to use it with propane with the option for MAPP.

In B&Q the Bernzomatic TS300T http://tinyurl.com/dhbuq is £35 and runs
on propane only. Paying the extra £5 for both MAPP and propane usage
is well worth it. Does the Bernzomatic TS7000T (Rothenberger rip-off)
run on propane too?

Anyone any ideas?

TIA

The3rd Earl Of Derby

http://www.rothenberger-tool-uk-sale...ne_torch_kit.h

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=105&r=2037
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

http://www.rothenberger-tool-uk-sale...e_torch_kit..h
tml
is £50 in PTS (£71 +VAT in Plumb Center!!)

The two burners are near identical. The Rothenberger is rated for MAPP
gas and propane gas cylidner usage. The Bernzomatic states MAPP, but
no mention if it can run on just propane like the Rothenberger. I
want to use it with propane with the option for MAPP.

In B&Q the Bernzomatic TS300T http://tinyurl.com/dhbuq is £35 and runs
on propane only. Paying the extra £5 for both MAPP and propane usage
is well worth it. Does the Bernzomatic TS7000T (Rothenberger rip-off)
run on propane too?

Anyone any ideas?

TIA

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=105&r=2037
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Thanks. The range is limited. The Sievert Powerject is £46 and only
runs off propane. The Rothenberger runs off propane and MAPP gas for
brazing, giving the option. The Rothenberger is only £4 more. The
Bernzomatic TS7000T is £40 and I want to know if it does both propane
and MAPP gas. If so I will go for that.

Kaiser

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I have a Bernzomatic TS7000 and a Rothenberger, just had a look, they are
absolutely identical both made in NY. The Benzomatic came complete with a
blue propane cylinder and the Rothenberger without a cylinder.

Doctor Drivel

"Kaiser" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

One heating fitter showed me 3 Rotthenburger burners that had the stems
snapped off. They have a designed-in safety weak point so they snap off
easily when the torch falls over. The design is wrong as the cylinders
should be shorter and widers so they don't topple over easily (a gas
cylinder design problem rather than a burner one). He now uses the Seivert
Powerjet having been fed up replacing burners every six months. I didn't
know the Bernzomatic was the same as the Rothenberger. So, it is cheaper to
go to B&Q and buy a Rothenberger burner with a different name on it. But
does the Benzomatic take MAPP gas as TGB asked? If it is the same burners I
would think it would.

Kaiser

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Kaiser" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

He asked if the Bernzomatic takes propane, he already knows it takes MAPP.

B&Q don't sell the Rothenberger branded ones thats where I bought my
Bernzomatic from. The Rothenberger branded one came from Pipeline Centre. As
I know nothing about heating I am not in a position to comment on how
Heating fitters abuse their equipment, but I've never had a burner snap off.

Alan

Don't know where you got the idea clarke stuff is cheap and nasty the only
difference IMHO is the expensive stuff has a piezo igniter built on the
torch, I have one of their torch's and it does the job intended.

If your doing forge work then fine buy a more expensive torch but for

small
light roofing,welding,brazing,paint stripping clarke are cheap and

adequate
for the job.

Agreed - I have one of the big Clarke burner sets, and it works perfectly,
and does exactly what it is designed to do.
So far it's held up to 3 years of regular abuse with no problems at all.

Alan.

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

One heating fitter showed me 3 Rotthenburger burners that had the stems
snapped off. They have a designed-in safety weak point so they snap off
easily when the torch falls over.

Page 59

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

One heating fitter showed me 3 Rotthenburger burners that had the stems
snapped off. They have a designed-in safety weak point so they snap off
easily when the torch falls over.

Page 59

Lord Hall, what is on page 60?

Doctor Drivel

"Kaiser" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Kaiser" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I read back, So if you got a propane cylinder with the Bernzomatic than it
does take both.

B&Q don't sell the Rothenberger branded ones thats where I bought my
Bernzomatic from. The Rothenberger branded one came from Pipeline Centre.
As
I know nothing about heating I am not in a position to comment on how
Heating fitters abuse their equipment, but I've never had a burner snap

off.

The cylinders are tall with a heavy burner on the top, easy to knock over
when near empty.

I have an old Primus burner using a rechargeable 2000 cylinder. Works OK
but needs a lot of cleaning far too often.

Doctor Drivel

"Kaiser" wrote in message

I know nothing about heating I am not in a position to comment on how
Heating fitters abuse their equipment, but I've never had a burner snap

off.

Look at the groove around the air holes. That is the breaking point.
http://tinyurl.com/ay74b
You can make the picture bigger.

Ed Sirett

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 02:31:48 -0700, timegoesby wrote:

[...]

I think you should be able to get Sure Fire II for around 50+VAT try a
real shop not a plumbing 'boutique'.

Chris Bacon

timegoesby wrote:
I have been looking around a gas torch burnrs

Dunno about tout original q., but I've a "Turbo Torch Lite", &
it's very good - 'bout £55 now, at a guess.

Ed Sirett wrote:
[...]

Thanks to all on this thread. It is determined that the Rothenberger
Sure Fire 2 is the same as the Bernzomatic TS7000T with both able to
run on MAPP and propane. The idental Sure Fire 2 is £50 inc VAT at
PTS. The TS7000T is available for £40 inc VAT at B&Q, and is by far
the best buy.

Questions about them easily breaking have been raised which I will have
to take into account. The Sievert Powerjet is £46 from MachineMart (is
that inc delivery), but it can't run on MAPP gas canisters. I have a
Primus 2000 refillable canister which the Sievert connects to, so no
paying £32 for a canister.

One is a good deal from B&Q, and runs on propane and MAPP gas, so gives
me what I want, but is suspect on easily breaking. The other is
propane only with a good reputation and doesn't break easily. The B&Q
Bernzomatic (Rothenberger) does what I want, is arguably "reputed" to
be the best, is a good deal, so should I take a chance? Choices.

Are there nay clones of the Powerjet around?

Kaiser

"Kaiser" wrote in message

I know nothing about heating I am not in a position to comment on how
Heating fitters abuse their equipment, but I've never had a burner snap

off.

Look at the groove around the air holes. That is the breaking point.
http://tinyurl.com/ay74b
You can make the picture bigger.

I made some enquiries from a gas fitter friend, Rothenberger do not make
their own torches, they are rebadged BernzOmatic.

Q&A below taken from BernzOmatic FAQ.

Q. Why did my torch head break at the air holes?
A. In order to ensure that the cylinder does not break or explode if the
torch is accidentally dropped or abused, BernzOmatic torches are designed to
break safely at the air holes.

Matt

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

One heating fitter showed me 3 Rotthenburger burners that had the stems
snapped off. They have a designed-in safety weak point so they snap off
easily when the torch falls over.

Page 59

Lord Hall, what is on page 60?

I'm not Lord Hall

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" aka Lord Hall wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

One heating fitter showed me 3 Rotthenburger burners that had the

stems
snapped off. They have a designed-in safety weak point so they snap

off
easily when the torch falls over.

Page 59

Lord Hall, what is on page 60?

I'm not Lord Hall

Lord Hall, is something dirty on page 60?