Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kroma

Default Wallpapered sockets wrong size

Eek...

My future Father-in-Law has been wallpapering for us. When he got to the
electricity (and tv/phone) sockets, I offered to remove them (after turning
power off) as we were to but new ones anyway and so he could get a nice bit
of paper behind. He assured me that it'd be ok - he'd just loosen them and
tuck a bit behind.

Well, he didn't tuck very much behind at all and now, here's the bad bit..
I've got the new sockets tv/phone and power) and it would seem that the
horrid brass sockets which I've removed were LARGER than standard sockets.
The new ones are about 4mm smaller all round (the standard size it wouls
appear)!!!

So, I'm going to have great big unpapered bits on show now!

Would it be best to:

1) Cut offcuts to decrease the size of the holes
or
2) Remove the offending sections of paper (but will I damage neighbouring
sections)

I will be painting over the paper when it's all finished.

I'm not sure how to break the news to him - the rest of the job is lovely
and I can't hurt his feelings but I wish he'd listened to me (and I wish I'd
been retired so that I could have helped)!

Daz