Default tiles around a fireplace

hello
We need to replace the tiles aroudn our fireplace. The current ones are
green victorian rectangles. We'd either like to replace them with
something similar or something very modern. Does anyone know a good
source of victorian tiles or give any advice about what modern tiles
are suitable for fireplaces. I've spoken to the owners of various tile
shops and keep getting conflicting advice about whether glass tiles or
modern ceramic tiles are appropriate.

Many thanks. Bella

Chris Bacon

bella2002tii wrote:
We need to replace the tiles aroudn our fireplace. The current ones are
green victorian rectangles. We'd either like to replace them with
something similar or something very modern. Does anyone know a good
source of victorian tiles or give any advice about what modern tiles
are suitable for fireplaces. I've spoken to the owners of various tile
shops and keep getting conflicting advice about whether glass tiles or
modern ceramic tiles are appropriate.

Are these tiles on the hearth, ot up the sides? Is it a "cast-iron
fireplace"?

hello
The tiles on the hearth have cracked and need tob e replaced but if I
can't find a match I will replace all of them - sides and hearth. The
fire place is cast iron.

Junior Member

go for originals - they won't look naff in two years time and you can be sure they'll work. Try LASSCO if you live in London, you can also get cheap repro art deco style majolica tiles on ebay.