dave stanton

Default DIY Banter has been fixed A message from the webmaster

Hi everyone

For several weeks I have been in touch with Kevin, the webmaster of DIY
Banter about the threading and double posting problems we have been seeing
on uk.diy. Yesterday I had an email from him, which he has allowed me to
quote on here, as follows:

Just an update on the threading and double posting issues.

Last Saturday I found a bug that caused the threading to break in a number
of newsreaders. I tested a patch and installed it on Monday, and it has
been running OK all week. The circumstances that were causing it to break
have been repeated live on the the site this week and I have been testing
with Pan and other newsreaders and it has worked successfully. I also
installed a flood-check which will reduce / stop any accidental
double-posting of new threads (There is a time delay between users
multiple posting).

The purpose of Diybanter is to be a seamless web gateway to the newsgroups
and I am embarrassed at the problems my code caused.

Hopefully you won't be seeing these problems again and I appreciate you
highlighting these issues to me.

Regards

Kevin

So thanks to Kevin for the heads up.
Hope everyone appreciates his efforts to resolve these problems.

Cheers

Dave
dave stanton

And your efforts also.