DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wasps at night (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/123811-wasps-night.html)

pden October 6th 05 08:03 PM

Wasps at night

I have a problem with wasps at night I currently get about a hundred or
so wasps on my windows during the night and morning, soon as the sun
comes up they go. I can see a nest anywhere. any ideas?

Dave Liquorice October 6th 05 08:49 PM

On 6 Oct 2005 12:03:45 -0700, pden wrote:

I have a problem with wasps at night I currently get about a hundred
or so wasps on my windows during the night and morning, soon as the
sun comes up they go. I can see a nest anywhere. any ideas?

They get too cold and can't get back to or find their nest?
Shouldn't worry too much they'll all be dead soon as the weather gets
colder.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

RedOnRed October 6th 05 09:18 PM

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On 6 Oct 2005 12:03:45 -0700, pden wrote:

I have a problem with wasps at night I currently get about a hundred
or so wasps on my windows during the night and morning, soon as the
sun comes up they go. I can see a nest anywhere. any ideas?

They get too cold and can't get back to or find their nest?
Shouldn't worry too much they'll all be dead soon as the weather gets
colder.

Apart from the queen, who will rough it out under some bark or something
over the winter - on a mission to be a further pest next summer.

Suz October 6th 05 10:04 PM

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On 6 Oct 2005 12:03:45 -0700, pden wrote:

I have a problem with wasps at night I currently get about a hundred
or so wasps on my windows during the night and morning, soon as the
sun comes up they go. I can see a nest anywhere. any ideas?

They get too cold and can't get back to or find their nest?
Shouldn't worry too much they'll all be dead soon as the weather gets
colder.

They have found their way back.. to you.. you're their next queen?
or
Vampire vasps? "Ve vant to bite yor feengor"

RedOnRed October 6th 05 10:21 PM

"Suz" wrote in message

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On 6 Oct 2005 12:03:45 -0700, pden wrote:

I have a problem with wasps at night I currently get about a hundred
or so wasps on my windows during the night and morning, soon as the
sun comes up they go. I can see a nest anywhere. any ideas?

They get too cold and can't get back to or find their nest?
Shouldn't worry too much they'll all be dead soon as the weather gets
colder.

They have found their way back.. to you.. you're their next queen?
or
Vampire vasps? "Ve vant to bite yor feengor"

Can I be your agent and put you on stage?

We'd make at least £13.50 together.

raden October 6th 05 10:32 PM

In message om, pden
writes
I have a problem with wasps at night I currently get about a hundred or
so wasps on my windows during the night and morning, soon as the sun
comes up they go. I can see a nest anywhere. any ideas?

Are they hairy ?

Werewasps

--
geoff

Mark October 6th 05 11:05 PM

pden wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a problem with wasps at night I currently get about a hundred or
so wasps on my windows during the night and morning, soon as the sun
comes up they go.

Oh Dear
Have you read this ?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...d-20/ref%3Dnos
im/002-4041451-6854401
or
http://tinyurl.com/bdqza

-

Rob Morley October 7th 05 02:34 AM

In article om,
says...
I have a problem with wasps at night I currently get about a hundred or
so wasps on my windows during the night and morning, soon as the sun
comes up they go. I can see a nest anywhere. any ideas?

What's the problem?

John Rumm October 7th 05 03:35 AM

raden wrote:

Are they hairy ?

Werewasps

there wasps -------

--
Cheers,

John.

Richard Conway October 7th 05 10:47 AM

pden wrote:
I have a problem with wasps at night I currently get about a hundred or
so wasps on my windows during the night and morning, soon as the sun
comes up they go. I can see a nest anywhere. any ideas?

Ah, you're just testing now to see if Mary really has gone aren't ya!

pden October 7th 05 08:18 PM

I think these ones are crazy, they sting the windows and leave it
covered in venom its too freaky, but they do only come during the hours
of darkness.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) October 8th 05 01:58 PM

Wasps at night

In article .com, pden
wrote:

I think these ones are crazy, they sting the windows and leave it
covered in venom its too freaky, but they do only come during the hours
of darkness.

Methinks you have been watching too much TV. :-)

--
AJL

dave stanton October 8th 05 03:54 PM

Wasps at night

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 03:35:37 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

raden wrote:

Are they hairy ?

Werewasps

there wasps -------

Thank you Marty !!

Dave

pden October 11th 05 07:10 PM

Wasps at night

Its not fiction. I came down this morning and there were no less than
50 wasps all flying into and stinging the window. I know it sounds far
fetched but if I could post a picture on here I would. I just can't
figure why they are not about in the day time. I think I need to look
somewhere else for some advice. All I seem to get here is silver
bullets and a crucifix's.

Chris Bacon October 11th 05 07:21 PM

Wasps at night

pden wrote:
Its not fiction. I came down this morning and there were no less than
50 wasps all flying into and stinging the window. I know it sounds far
fetched but if I could post a picture on here I would. I just can't
figure why they are not about in the day time. I think I need to look
somewhere else for some advice. All I seem to get here is silver
bullets and a crucifix's.

Put out a wasp trap, or fly paper, or smear the window with golden syrup.