Mr Fizzion

Default squarescrews.co.uk

Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Mr F.

John Cartmell

In article ,
Mr Fizzion wrote:
Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Very many thanks! I'd given up on getting a decent range in the UK. ;-))

Ian Stirling

Mr Fizzion wrote:
Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Don't be stupid, they wouldn't turn.

Ian Stirling wrote:
Mr Fizzion wrote:
Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Don't be stupid, they wouldn't turn.

doesnt matter, just hammer them in.

NT

John Cartmell

In article ,
Ian Stirling wrote:
Mr Fizzion wrote:
Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Don't be stupid, they wouldn't turn.

They work OK here. What shape do you use? ;-)

Richard Conway

Ian Stirling wrote:
Mr Fizzion wrote:

Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Don't be stupid, they wouldn't turn.

You need a square drill bit and a square wall plug of course!
John Cartmell

In article ,
Richard Conway wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
Mr Fizzion wrote:

Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Don't be stupid, they wouldn't turn.

You need a square drill bit and a square wall plug of course!

Whilst the square drill bit won't easily slip in the drill (have you patented
your idea?) it would still produce a round hole to put the square wall-plug
in. I think I'd dump the idea! ;-)

Seriously though - does anyone know why square (Robertson) screws haven't
caught on over here? It could be that banter (so far it has entirely taken
over this thread) has stopped some people from appreciating that square screws
are real - and far better than slot or so-called pozidrive screws!

david lang

Richard Conway wrote:

Seriously though - does anyone know why square (Robertson) screws
haven't caught on over here? It could be that banter (so far it has
entirely taken over this thread) has stopped some people from
appreciating that square screws are real - and far better than slot
or so-called pozidrive screws!

Seeing how long it took phillips & pozidrive to take over from slotted, we
should start appreciating square drive by about 2050. We don't like new
fangled technology us Brits!

Dave

Eric The Viking

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Mr F.

Aldi's are doing a square screws promotion on the 26th October - 40 pallets
for £12.99. Apparently they are made of finest quality die cast forged
steel with a solid walnut epoxy coated storage case that doubles as a handy
speedboat for those fast paced waterborne moments.

To quote the catalogue - "Wonderboy enterprise wishing you a happy
partnership with exciting new square screw range, you provide dollar, we
love you longtime and so do ancestors".

*allegedly*

ETV

Eric The Viking

. net...

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Mr F.

Aldi's are doing a square screws promotion on the 26th October - 40
pallets for £12.99. Apparently they are made of finest quality die cast
forged steel with a solid walnut epoxy coated storage case that doubles
as a handy speedboat for those fast paced waterborne moments.

To quote the catalogue - "Wonderboy enterprise wishing you a happy
partnership with exciting new square screw range, you provide dollar, we
love you longtime and so do ancestors".

*allegedly*

ETV

I hate you.

Well, no more Puffins for you then!

ETV

David W.E. Roberts

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Mr F.

Screwfix sell 'Robertson' screws as well - although the search can't find
them.

Just ordered two square scredriver bits because I started to take a pergola
thingie apart and found it was held together with square socket screws.

Not having a screwdriver to fit, I came to an abrupt halt.

Nice to see they are not unknown, anyway.

Cheers
Dave r

David W.E. Roberts wrote:
"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Mr F.

Screwfix sell 'Robertson' screws as well - although the search can't find
them.

Just ordered two square scredriver bits because I started to take a pergola
thingie apart and found it was held together with square socket screws.

Not having a screwdriver to fit, I came to an abrupt halt.

Nice to see they are not unknown, anyway.

Cheers
Dave r

What I've not found is the square equivalent of a nut driver, ie a bit
that will turn a square projecting screw head. Square screwdriver bits
are the wrong sex.

NT

David W.E. Roberts

wrote in message
ups.com...
David W.E. Roberts wrote:
"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
Just in case anyone wanted some "square screws"! :-)

Mr F.

Screwfix sell 'Robertson' screws as well - although the search can't

find
them.

Just ordered two square scredriver bits because I started to take a

pergola
thingie apart and found it was held together with square socket screws.

Not having a screwdriver to fit, I came to an abrupt halt.

Nice to see they are not unknown, anyway.

Cheers
Dave r

What I've not found is the square equivalent of a nut driver, ie a bit
that will turn a square projecting screw head. Square screwdriver bits
are the wrong sex.

A socket set should do this - AFAIK they work with square heads as well as
hexagokan heads.

Certainly a normal spanner works fine.

HTH
Dave R