DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Should i get steam from my vertical flue? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/122617-should-i-get-steam-my-vertical-flue.html)

Rub September 29th 05 04:27 PM

Should i get steam from my vertical flue?

I've had a new vaillent combination boiler and have steam comin from
the flue. is this normal because i can't remember steam coming from my
old standard gas boiler.

Aidan September 29th 05 04:41 PM

Rub wrote:
I've had a new vaillent combination boiler and have steam comin from
the flue. is this normal because i can't remember steam coming from my
old standard gas boiler.

Yes, it's water droplets & it's called pluming. The old boiler emitted
steam, which is colourless. The new boiler will be (should be) a
condensing boiler, so the steam is condensed into water. Some goes down
the drain, some gets blown out with the flue gases.