Junior Member

Default Valor Homeflame fix

I have a Valor Homeflame gas fire (G.C. number 3281038) which won't ignite any more from the push-down igniter button, but works OK if I remove the front and use a match to light it.

I'm told it doesn't have a pilot assembly but may need a new electrolyte or injector or a spark generator or an electrode or a cable of some sort, or maybe all of these.

Are they easy to fix, and if so are there good instructions anywhere on how to do so. I've NEVER opened a gas fire up before so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:49:03 +0100, s99raj wrote:

I have a Valor Homeflame gas fire (G.C. number 3281038) which won't
ignite any more from the push-down igniter button, but works OK if I
remove the front and use a match to light it.

So any flame failure device is working. Can you see a spark near the
pilot light when you press and clunk the ignition button? If not see
if you cab see one elsewhere, electricty is lazy and will use an
easier path if there is one. Check all along the wire from the back of
the igniter to the point where the spark should be.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s99raj
I have a Valor Homeflame gas fire (G.C. number 3281038) which won't ignite any more from the push-down igniter button, but works OK if I remove the front and use a match to light it.

I'm told it doesn't have a pilot assembly but may need a new electrolyte or injector or a spark generator or an electrode or a cable of some sort, or maybe all of these.

Are they easy to fix, and if so are there good instructions anywhere on how to do so. I've NEVER opened a gas fire up before so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I have the same problem and have isolated it to the spark generator. This is where you plug the battery in. The wires that attach to it are spade type fitting and just pull off. It is held in position by two self tappers. Part no is 0554949. It can be ordered from ; http://www.keeptheheaton.com/acatalo...Generator.html
The manual and parts diagram can be viewed at :
http://www.valorfireplace.com/pdf/ar...79cnmanual.pdf

Good luck
jcmdiver