Default mortage to cover house + future work

Is is easy to get a mortage to cover work not yet done on a house when
you buy the house, or do you need to use a bridging loan ? Obviously
the mortage people would have to be convinced that your plans will
raise the value of the house sufficiently.
Simon.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
wrote:
Is is easy to get a mortage to cover work not yet done on a house when
you buy the house, or do you need to use a bridging loan ? Obviously
the mortage people would have to be convinced that your plans will
raise the value of the house sufficiently.

Think it might depend on what percentage of the house's valuation the
mortgage is for. But I can't see them lending more than they could get
back if things go pear shaped.

--
*I want it all and I want it delivered

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I mean in a situation such as:
house value 110,000
mortage value 130,000
spend on renovations 25,000
new house value: 150,000
i.e. the mortgage is worth more than the house at some stage.
Simon.

Peter Crosland

I mean in a situation such as:
house value 110,000
mortage value 130,000
spend on renovations 25,000
new house value: 150,000
i.e. the mortgage is worth more than the house at some stage.

Two chances really. Slim and none!

Peter Crosland

Bob Mannix

wrote in message
oups.com...
I mean in a situation such as:
house value 110,000
mortage value 130,000
spend on renovations 25,000
new house value: 150,000
i.e. the mortgage is worth more than the house at some stage.
Simon.

No chance, I would say. If it were

House value 130,000
Mortgage 110,000