Kevin

Default Air Compressor Fault

This might have to go to a repairer but might aswell ask here first. I ran
my 3hp belt drive compressor for the first time in years to blow wasp killer
into the eaves of my house. The compressor was failing to cut out so was
either not coming up to pressure or more worrying wasn't cutting out when it
should.
I had a problem before with the valve in the top of the tank that takes the
supply from the compressor corroding and seizing but I seem to remember that
being the opposite ie it wouldn't run continuously.That was simply rectified
by unsiezing the valve.
Unless this is very simple I am going to have to take this for repair, the
question is where, I am in SW Herts.

Kevin

mrcheerful

"Kevin" wrote in message
[...]

What does the tank pressure gauge show?

Does it have a safety valve?

If you don't know the above then I suggest a repairer is possibly best, but
bear in mind that you might be best to get a new compressor and flog your
one on ebay.

mrcheerful

Newshound

What does the tank pressure gauge show?

Does it have a safety valve?

If you don't know the above then I suggest a repairer is possibly best,
but bear in mind that you might be best to get a new compressor and flog
your one on ebay.

mrcheerful

Agree you shouldn't diy unless you are confident and competent, but if you
are Machine Mart stock the switches gauges and regulators.

I had to replace the switch on the one I bought from eBay for just this
(undeclared) fault

raden

In message , Newshound
writes
What does the tank pressure gauge show?

Does it have a safety valve?

If you don't know the above then I suggest a repairer is possibly best,
but bear in mind that you might be best to get a new compressor and flog
your one on ebay.

mrcheerful

Agree you shouldn't diy unless you are confident and competent, but if you
are Machine Mart stock the switches gauges and regulators.

Not in my experience

They've always referred me to the parent company - Clarkes

--
geoff
Andy Hall

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:15:40 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Newshound
writes
What does the tank pressure gauge show?

Does it have a safety valve?

If you don't know the above then I suggest a repairer is possibly best,
but bear in mind that you might be best to get a new compressor and flog
your one on ebay.

mrcheerful

Agree you shouldn't diy unless you are confident and competent, but if you
are Machine Mart stock the switches gauges and regulators.

Not in my experience

They've always referred me to the parent company - Clarkes

There are a small number of pressure switches, gauges etc. in the MM
catalogue, Geoff, but only a passing mention on the web site.

However, for all things pneumatic, Thomas Wright is a good supplier.

e.g.

https://secure.thorite.co.uk/Product...witch_905.html

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Andy Hall wrote:
[...]

Well, I took out the valve on the inlet to the tank and cleaned it up,
it has a very weak spring in it and ran it up again and it did cut out
this time. But I could hear air leaking from the pressure regulator
valve, not a huge leak but that was what was probabley preventing it
getting up to pressure. I was more concerned that the safety cut-off
wasn't operating. When I drained the tank down it seemed to take
forever to de-pressurise.
My local tool shop Simbles gave me the phone number of somebody local
who does compressor repairs. Since I have now done the job I had
intended to do I will get it fixed at my liesure. Although it is
portable it does weigh a ton.

Kevin