Default Woodworking DVDs

Kind of following on from my NYW post earlier.

Anybody got any good recomendations?

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

:::Jerry::::

"J" wrote in message
Kind of following on from my NYW post earlier.

Anybody got any good recomendations?

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

Learn to use the Internet and it's search engines you total moron,
I've already posted a link you the New Yankee site that also has a
web shop selling what you want!

Here, I'll post it's URL yet again....
http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Andy Hall

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:28:33 +0100, "J" wrote:

Kind of following on from my NYW post earlier.

Anybody got any good recomendations?

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

http://www.taunton.com/store/pages/nmbh011.asp

http://www.marcadams.com/videos.html

I've bought some of each of these

You need a DVD and TV set up able to work with NTSC Region 1 DVDs.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"J" writes:
Kind of following on from my NYW post earlier.

Anybody got any good recomendations?

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

Well, you could try asking the chap who made this...
http://blogga.ru/2005/09/12/wooden_comp/

--
Andrew Gabriel
:::Tom::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"J" wrote in message
Kind of following on from my NYW post earlier.

Anybody got any good recomendations?

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

Learn to use the Internet and it's search engines you total moron,
I've already posted a link you the New Yankee site that also has a
web shop selling what you want!

Here, I'll post it's URL yet again....
http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Listen to yourself.
Just because nobody is paying attention to your rants, there is no need to
throw your toys out the pram ;o)

Learn to use the Internet and it's search engines you total moron,
I've already posted a link you the New Yankee site that also has a
web shop selling what you want!

Here, I'll post it's URL yet again....
http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Yes, you've now posted that link 3 times. Maybe I should have been more
clear. I've looked for some UK Region 2 PAL DVDs and haven't had much luck.
That's what I meant when I said "There doesn't seem to be much out there" -
There are some DVDs available, but not a huge selection.
Thanks anyway for your contribution.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:28:36 +0100, "J" wrote:

I've looked for some UK Region 2 PAL DVDs and haven't had much luck.
That's what I meant when I said "There doesn't seem to be much out there" -
There are some DVDs available, but not a huge selection.

In that case, you will find little.

There are a few in the books and videos sections on the web sites of
Axminster Tools and Rutlands, possibly one or two others.

However, most are rather tired transcriptions of pretty old stuff from
ten years ago.

I mentioned the Taunton ones from the U.S. Some of these use
distinctly U.S. techniques and equipment such as contractor saws with
stacked dado head cutters and twist base routers as opposed to the
plunge routers common in Europe and alternative methods to cut dados.
Others have minor detail differences such as guide types on bandsaws.

Nevertheless, most remain useful.

I also mentioned the Marc Adams videos. These are well made and tend
to cover techniques rather than projects and are broader in nature.

Some of each of these are region 0 (i.e. not attached to a region) but
all are NTSC.

Since it is very easy to play NTSC region 1 DVDs on many DVD players
and PCs, this should be a non-issue.

An attractive exchange rate and reasonably low cost of shipment if you
order several, means that it is no issue to import.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
raden

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:28:33 +0100, "J" wrote:

Kind of following on from my NYW post earlier.

Anybody got any good recomendations?

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

http://www.taunton.com/store/pages/nmbh011.asp

http://www.marcadams.com/videos.html

I've bought some of each of these

I remember quite a lot from our woodworking classes at school. This is
basically because the woodwork master used to carry a bit of two by two
which he would throw at anyone he thought wasn't paying attention.

--
geoff

I remember quite a lot from our woodworking classes at school. This is
basically because the woodwork master used to carry a bit of two by two
which he would throw at anyone he thought wasn't paying attention.

I wish I'd done more woodwork at school, would have been a lot more useful
than Geography, or French.

I could do with finding an adult class for woodworking.

Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:28:33 +0100, "J" wrote:

| Kind of following on from my NYW post earlier.
|
| Anybody got any good recomendations?
|
| There doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

Skills in woodworking are in the hands rather than the head, so DVDs can
only show *what* to do, teaching your hands to do it is another ball game.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.

:::Jerry::::

"J" wrote in message

I remember quite a lot from our woodworking classes at school.

This is
basically because the woodwork master used to carry a bit of two

by two
which he would throw at anyone he thought wasn't paying

attention.

I wish I'd done more woodwork at school, would have been a lot more

useful
than Geography, or French.

I could do with finding an adult class for woodworking.

So where do you live then, Outer Mongolia, seeing that just about any
FA / AE College will have such courses...

J wrote:
Learn to use the Internet and it's search engines you total moron,
I've already posted a link you the New Yankee site that also has a
web shop selling what you want!

Here, I'll post it's URL yet again....
http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

Yes, you've now posted that link 3 times.

Let's report him for spamming the group;-)

MBQ

Dave Fawthrop

On 15 Sep 2005 01:49:22 -0700, wrote:

| J wrote:
| Learn to use the Internet and it's search engines you total moron,
| I've already posted a link you the New Yankee site that also has a
| web shop selling what you want!
|
| Here, I'll post it's URL yet again....

http://www.newyankee.com/index.shtml

| Yes, you've now posted that link 3 times.
|
| Let's report him for spamming the group;-)

Remember the Breidbart Index covers cancelable spam
http://www.stopspam.org/usenet/mmf/breidbart.html

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.
"Intelligent Design?" my back says *not*.
John Rumm

J wrote:

I wish I'd done more woodwork at school, would have been a lot more useful
than Geography, or French.

I could do with finding an adult class for woodworking.

Thats where the geography comes in ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

So where do you live then, Outer Mongolia, seeing that just about any
FA / AE College will have such courses...

Actually I live in Milton Keynes, Looking at the MK Council website:
http://www.mkweb.co.uk/adulteducation/home.asp

Searching for "wood" I can get wood turning courses and wood carving
courses. Neither of these is really what i'm after. I'll give them a ring
anyway and see if they have anything else.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Any good how to DVDs on woodworking? Fred Woodworking 13 September 17th 05 04:29 AM
FA; eBay: Woodworking books videos Zak Woodturning 9 October 23rd 04 03:38 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 05:46 PM
SF Bay Area Woodworking Open House Jeff Woodworking 1 August 3rd 03 12:10 AM