DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Warped built-in fridge & freezer doors (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/120509-warped-built-fridge-freezer-doors.html)

[email protected] September 11th 05 10:16 PM

Warped built-in fridge & freezer doors

Hi,

Can anyone provide an answer to why my built-in fridge and freezer
doors have warped?

The doors I'm referring to are the wooden (as in laminated mdf or
whatever they use) kitchen matching doors that are bracketed to the
metal fridge/freezer doors. They are bowing out at the top and bottom.

There is no problem with steam etc and all the other cupboard doors are
fine.

Any Ideas?

Cheers.

Ian Stirling September 11th 05 10:47 PM

wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone provide an answer to why my built-in fridge and freezer
doors have warped?

The doors I'm referring to are the wooden (as in laminated mdf or
whatever they use) kitchen matching doors that are bracketed to the
metal fridge/freezer doors. They are bowing out at the top and bottom.

There is no problem with steam etc and all the other cupboard doors are
fine.

Any Ideas?

Random thought:
The doors are significantly cooler than the rest of the room, and are
suffering intersticial (sp?) condensation.
The cold fridge door cools the rear of the wood to such an extent that
it gets wet through condensation of water vapour migrating through the wood.
Hence it bows.