Séan Connolly

Default Online supplier of self-install glazing and french doors

As subject, all google seems to turn up is safestyle and the like.

I'm not after buying online tbh, I just want and idea of what sizes are
available and at what cost

thanks !

Séan

Chris Bacon

Séan Connolly wrote:
As subject, all google seems to turn up is safestyle and the like.

I'm not after buying online tbh, I just want and idea of what sizes are
available and at what cost

Go to Jewsons and get a catalogue. What's a french door?
Paul

Séan Connolly wrote:
As subject, all google seems to turn up is safestyle and the like.

I'm not after buying online tbh, I just want and idea of what sizes are
available and at what cost

thanks !

Séan

www.screwfix.com

Paul
Séan Connolly

www.screwfix.com

d'oh!

thanks

Séan Connolly

Go to Jewsons and get a catalogue. What's a french door?

Chris Bacon

Séan Connolly wrote:
(munging the attributions)
Chris Bacon wrote:
Go to Jewsons and get a catalogue. What's a french door?

That's a French *window*.
Séan Connolly

That's a French *window*.

Well according to them its a French Door, but what do I know anyway ;-)

Chris Bacon

Séan Connolly wrote:

That's a French *window*.

Well according to them its a French Door, but what do I know anyway ;-)

I blame the Yanks, or something. There's no such thing
as a French door - it's just a door! A French window is
a *glazed* door also used as a window (usu. "french
windows").
Lobster

Séan Connolly wrote:
As subject, all google seems to turn up is safestyle and the like.

I'm not after buying online tbh, I just want and idea of what sizes are
available and at what cost

Are you talking uPVC here? Have a look at http://www.u-fit.co.uk/ for
instant online quotes of custom sizes. Have never actually used the
company myself, I can buy windows a bit cheaper from an excellent local
outfit.

By the way, IME there's no particular reason or benefit to go with
'standard' sizes - eg the company I use routinely produces all windows
to order and make them in any size, there is no 'standard'. They are
still cheaper than Screwfix's identically-sized off-the-shelf windows.

David

Lobster wrote:
S=E9an Connolly wrote:
As subject, all google seems to turn up is safestyle and the like.

I'm not after buying online tbh, I just want and idea of what sizes are
available and at what cost

Are you talking uPVC here? Have a look at http://www.u-fit.co.uk/ for
instant online quotes of custom sizes. Have never actually used the
company myself, I can buy windows a bit cheaper from an excellent local
outfit.

By the way, IME there's no particular reason or benefit to go with
'standard' sizes - eg the company I use routinely produces all windows
to order and make them in any size, there is no 'standard'. They are
still cheaper than Screwfix's identically-sized off-the-shelf windows.

David

for definition take your pick:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=3Den&lr=3D&cr=3DcountryUK|countryGB&oi=3 D=
defmore&q=3Ddefine:French+Door

exterior PVCu,1190x2090 =A3288: hardwood 4'a bargain @ =A3199 (
although not my taste ) avaliable from Wickes.