Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RzB

Default Condensing Boiler efficency with existing radiators etc...

I am about to replace our 1960's Thorn M gas boiler
with a Condensing boiler..

Evidently condensing boilers run more efficiently
than non-condensing boilers. But my understanding
is that they rely on a return temperature of 55/60C ish
(I'm not sure what a typical flow temp for a
condensing boiler is - same as non condensing
boiler ?)

I believe that my system runs with a flow 82C of
and a return of about 71C. Not checked but that
would be typical.

So what sort of efficiency am I going to get out
of my brad new Condensing boiler? Surely not
much better than my old Thorn M?

Is there anything I can do to my system to help the
situation. I had a plumber come in recently who
told me that I should be fitting thermostatic
controls to all radiators. Is that a regs requirement?
Isn't that going to make the situation worse?

Roy