Default knocking/banging pipes

Hello all
I know most regulars here will be bored to death with questions like
this but despite a search I cannot find any questions/ answers to fit
my problem.
There is a banging/knocking noise coming from my hot and cold pipes
when absolutely nothing is turned on. It has been going on now for a
couple of months. It happens randomly and I cannot re-create it by
turning anything on or off. I was fitting a new bathroom suite and
towel radiator recently so had the supply turned off at the main
stopcock and had the CH (combi) drained but the noise was still there.
I just can't work this one out. Normally I would blame the neighbours
(semi detatched) but the noise sure sounds like it's coming from my
pipes.
Any suggestions welcome
TIA

david lang

Ian Stirling wrote:

That's one hell of a shower.

:-)

Just the sort of pressure washer you need to clean up after growing
mushrooms or beansprouts commercially.

Dave

insulation of water pipes behind the wall of a finished attic Mike Home Repair 11 April 10th 19 03:44 PM
Insulation foam on copper pipes R8EDXXX Home Repair 12 June 13th 05 10:56 PM
Noisy pipes JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk Home Repair 2 February 3rd 05 12:06 AM
Replacing old pipes pmr Home Repair 9 December 9th 04 10:24 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM