Gaz

Default small water leak - musty smell

Hi, situation: New build house, one year old, upstairs toilet fitted
incorrectly by builder, small drip drip leak, every time flushed.

Leaked through the floor to the ceiling, not enough to drop to floor, but a
watermark on ceiling. Also we have had a shower fitted, the splash back from
the shower makes the upstairs bathroom floor quite wet, which again, leaks
down very slowly (we wipe it up when it gets wet, but you know how things
are , and the water finds it way through the boards....)

The bathroom has vinyl down, and it seems when we lift the vinyl up, the
floor underneath is slimy and damp

The problem is, that the kitchen (the room below the bathroom) has a slight
musty smell, presumably coming from the small discoloured patch on the
ceiling.

so,
i) we want to cover over the patch, best way to do that?
ii) get rid of the musty smell
iii) prevent the smell from returning by doing something upstairs, (seal the
floor?)

any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated............

Gaz

Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 25th 05 11:34 PM
water leak - which way? mich UK diy 2 September 3rd 04 06:24 PM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM