Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Rumm

Default Combimate, what to treat?

I thought it was time to give our plumbing a treat, and eBay was kind
enough to furnish me with nice new combimate for thirty quid the other
day! (a full on water softener may come along in a while when I get
round to building a utility room!)

Hence I now need to decide which outlets are going to benefit most from
the phosphate dosing...

Treat the cold feed to the combi thence all the hot outlets obviously.

I was planning on not treating the cold feed to the kitchen sink (and
water filter) - but then again are there any known health/taste issues
etc with drinking dosed water? The loss of scale in the kettle would be
nice.

I was planning to feed the remaining cold taps and loo cisterns etc in
the rest of the house as well, but is there any benefit in doing so, or
is it just going to cost more in silophos balls?

What about the (hardly used) outside tap?

--
Cheers,

John.