Dickie mint

Default Trimming Fibre Glass bath

Ive put laminate flooring down in my bathroom. Now the bath side panel,
one piece with top and bottom "flanges", doesn't fit back in. The bath
canot be raised - pipe lengths, etc

I've searched Google to no avail, can anyone advise what Dremel tool
might be good for trimming off an inch of the fibre glass bath, please?

david lang

Dickie mint wrote:

I've searched Google to no avail, can anyone advise what Dremel tool
might be good for trimming off an inch of the fibre glass bath,
please?

Try a router with a tct bit.

Dave

Stuart

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:21:34 +0100, Dickie mint
wrote:

Ive put laminate flooring down in my bathroom. Now the bath side panel,
one piece with top and bottom "flanges", doesn't fit back in. The bath
canot be raised - pipe lengths, etc

I've searched Google to no avail, can anyone advise what Dremel tool
might be good for trimming off an inch of the fibre glass bath, please?

Sorry if I sound thick but isn't it the panel that needs trimming
....I'm just thinking of how my bath panel fits in a groove under the
lip of the bath .

Stuart

--

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Richard Taylor

Stuart wrote:

Sorry if I sound thick but isn't it the panel that needs trimming
...I'm just thinking of how my bath panel fits in a groove under the
lip of the bath .

Probably didn't put it too well!

Think of the side panel as having the top and bottom bent over at 90deg
to the vertical, like a square bracket sign : [ , with these upper and
lower "flanges" about 4 inches.
This slips in under the lip of the bath.

Dickie mint

david lang wrote:
Try a router with a tct bit.

Haven't got a router :-( .
Stuart

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:58:05 +0100, Richard Taylor
wrote:

Stuart wrote:

Sorry if I sound thick but isn't it the panel that needs trimming
...I'm just thinking of how my bath panel fits in a groove under the
lip of the bath .

Probably didn't put it too well!

Think of the side panel as having the top and bottom bent over at 90deg
to the vertical, like a square bracket sign : [ , with these upper and
lower "flanges" about 4 inches.
This slips in under the lip of the bath.

Ah now I understand ..havent seen that before .
Stuart

--

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Ian Stirling

Dickie mint wrote:
david lang wrote:
Try a router with a tct bit.

Haven't got a router :-( .

A hacksaw works well IME.

glass fibre wallpaper/lining Stephane UK diy 18 July 28th 05 08:34 PM
Glass blowing molds [email protected] Metalworking 13 April 19th 05 05:14 AM
Glueing Glass xavier UK diy 17 November 16th 04 05:29 PM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM
Shower Glass Story Steve Gontarek UK diy 7 November 1st 03 10:34 AM