Default Help needed with tuning Sony Trinintron TV

I have an oldish sony trinitron tv but don't have the remote control.
how can i tune the tv. I only have 3 buttons on the tv, one is a
selection between scart, tv, volume and the other 2 are + and -. if i
press both the + and - together i get -.- displayed.

Can anyone help me please.

Ian Cornish

Had a similar TV, with similar issue. There was no way for me to program
it without a remote control. Getting one of those "universal" remotes
worked for me, just make sure it handles the setup features - not all do.

wrote:
I have an oldish sony trinitron tv but don't have the remote control.
how can i tune the tv. I only have 3 buttons on the tv, one is a
selection between scart, tv, volume and the other 2 are + and -. if i
press both the + and - together i get -.- displayed.

Can anyone help me please.

John Rumm

Sparks wrote:

You can't tune it from the buttons (althogh you can get it into
engineering mode!)

oohhh, what does that do!

Enables you to fiddle with all sorts of parameters related to each of
the major control ICs in the set. Some will be obvious (adjusting
default brightness levels, screeen positions etc). Some obvious if you
have a good knoweldge of TV systems in general. Most however are pretty
much incomprehensible without the relevant service manuals!

Be *very carefull* playing with things in this mode - make sure you
write down the current values before changing anything in case you need
to go back. You have the power to fiddle it into a non working state
with great ease!

(and how!)

Well on my one it is like this:

Turn TV off
Open flap at bottom of screen
press & hold any 2 buttons there
turn TV on
'TT' should appear in large letters
release buttons
press menu button on remote

Now choose an entry and off you go!

(select DEMO for the self running Demo mode (if yours has one))

--
Cheers,

John.

Sparks

John Rumm wrote:
Sparks wrote:

You can't tune it from the buttons (althogh you can get it into
engineering mode!)

oohhh, what does that do!

Enables you to fiddle with all sorts of parameters related to each of
the major control ICs in the set. Some will be obvious (adjusting
default brightness levels, screeen positions etc). Some obvious if you
have a good knoweldge of TV systems in general. Most however are
pretty much incomprehensible without the relevant service manuals!

Be *very carefull* playing with things in this mode - make sure you
write down the current values before changing anything in case you
need to go back. You have the power to fiddle it into a non working
state with great ease!

I found this!
http://www.highlandelectrix.fsnet.co...s/SONY.TV.html

(and how!)

Well on my one it is like this:

Turn TV off
Open flap at bottom of screen
press & hold any 2 buttons there
turn TV on
'TT' should appear in large letters
release buttons
press menu button on remote

Now choose an entry and off you go!

(select DEMO for the self running Demo mode (if yours has one))

I have 6 buttons on my kv-25x1u, but cant seem to get it into service mode

I managed to get it auto tuning by holding the top left one though!

Sparks

I have 6 buttons on my kv-25x1u, but cant seem to get it into service
mode
I managed to get it auto tuning by holding the top left one though!

Found it!

a.. Turn the set on and then put into standby
b.. Press the On Screen Display button
c.. Press the "5" button
d.. Press the "VOLUME +" button
e.. Press the "TV" button
f.. Press the "MENU" button on the remote control to bring up the test
screen
g.. Use the joystick on the remote control to navigate the service menu (
^ v keys BE-3E)

h.. Press the right joystick to enter the selected adjustment
i.. Turn off the power to store and exit the service mode