DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ready mixed concrete. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/117166-ready-mixed-concrete.html)

[email protected] August 15th 05 11:43 PM

ready mixed concrete.

Any ideas on what ready mixed concrete goes for per cubic meter?
Although the ready mixed concete suppliers websites supply a calculator
for hoe much you might need they don't say hoe much it it is per cubic
meter.

Grunff August 16th 05 12:04 AM

wrote:
Any ideas on what ready mixed concrete goes for per cubic meter?
Although the ready mixed concete suppliers websites supply a calculator
for hoe much you might need they don't say hoe much it it is per cubic
meter.

Depends a lot on where you are, but around £60-£80 per cubic metre
(assuming a full load, 6m^3).

--
Grunff

[email protected] August 16th 05 12:18 AM

Grunff wrote:
wrote:
Any ideas on what ready mixed concrete goes for per cubic meter?
Although the ready mixed concete suppliers websites supply a calculator
for hoe much you might need they don't say hoe much it it is per cubic
meter.

Depends a lot on where you are, but around =A360-=A380 per cubic metre
(assuming a full load, 6m^3).

What if its not a full load ?

John Rumm August 16th 05 04:06 AM

wrote:

Depends a lot on where you are, but around £60-£80 per cubic metre
(assuming a full load, 6m^3).

What if its not a full load ?

The price per m^3 goes up ;-)

(Some of those mixer on a lorry services can be quite good for smaller
amounts. They just knock up what you need on site)

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |

AlexW August 16th 05 08:02 AM

wrote:
Any ideas on what ready mixed concrete goes for per cubic meter?
Although the ready mixed concete suppliers websites supply a calculator
for hoe much you might need they don't say hoe much it it is per cubic
meter.

Last time I bought some (just under a year ago) the best price I could
get was about £100 per cube. But I only had 1.5 m, so I was paying for a
lot of "air" too. I'm in east cheshire.

Alex.

Grunff August 16th 05 08:11 AM

wrote:

What if its not a full load ?

You have to pay "part load" charges, which bring the price up considerably.

How much do you need?

--
Grunff

Ali Mac August 16th 05 09:42 AM

"AlexW" wrote in message
Any ideas on what ready mixed concrete goes for per cubic meter?
Although the ready mixed concete suppliers websites supply a calculator
for hoe much you might need they don't say hoe much it it is per cubic
meter.

Last time I bought some (just under a year ago) the best price I could get
was about £100 per cube. But I only had 1.5 m, so I was paying for a lot
of "air" too. I'm in east cheshire.

Alex.

Wilmix in Stockport will mix on site and barrow in for you, if you want.
Cost me 180 squids (I think) for 2 cube in May.

Alistair

AlexW August 16th 05 11:02 AM

Ali Mac wrote:
"AlexW" wrote in message

Any ideas on what ready mixed concrete goes for per cubic meter?
Although the ready mixed concete suppliers websites supply a calculator
for hoe much you might need they don't say hoe much it it is per cubic
meter.

Last time I bought some (just under a year ago) the best price I could get
was about £100 per cube. But I only had 1.5 m, so I was paying for a lot
of "air" too. I'm in east cheshire.

Alex.

Wilmix in Stockport will mix on site and barrow in for you, if you want.
Cost me 180 squids (I think) for 2 cube in May.

Alistair

Will see what they can do next time I'm in the market for some.

Last mix was 0.2 cube (by hand) :-)

Ta,

Alex.

Bob Minchin August 16th 05 09:18 PM

Ali Mac wrote in message ...

"AlexW" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
Any ideas on what ready mixed concrete goes for per cubic meter?
Although the ready mixed concete suppliers websites supply a calculator
for hoe much you might need they don't say hoe much it it is per cubic
meter.

Last time I bought some (just under a year ago) the best price I could

get
was about £100 per cube. But I only had 1.5 m, so I was paying for a lot
of "air" too. I'm in east cheshire.

Alex.

Wilmix in Stockport will mix on site and barrow in for you, if you want.
Cost me 180 squids (I think) for 2 cube in May.

Alistair

Mixamate is another such supplier who might operate in your area and are
good for 1 to 3 cubic metres.

Bob

[email protected] August 16th 05 11:43 PM

According to the avaliable online calculator I need 10m^3.
p.s my agent newsreader is up the spout.

Rick August 17th 05 11:47 AM

On 15 Aug 2005 15:43:43 -0700, wrote:

Any ideas on what ready mixed concrete goes for per cubic meter?
Although the ready mixed concete suppliers websites supply a calculator
for hoe much you might need they don't say hoe much it it is per cubic
meter.

a 6m cube lorry, I pay 60ish quid for concrete, and 30ish quid for air
(+VAT), I have to have a lorry full.

I only have one supplier, as I an so far away from anybody else its
hard when it arrives.

Rick