DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   foam washers - where to buy ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/117092-foam-washers-where-buy.html)

[email protected] August 15th 05 03:04 PM

foam washers - where to buy ?

Where can I purchase foam washers. They were between the top surface of
the bath and the tap, and I need to replace them. I could use silicon
instead, but I will need to remove the taps again shortly. Ordinary
washers are too thick and leave an odd gap under the taps.
TIA.
Simon.

Dave Liquorice August 15th 05 08:50 PM

On 15 Aug 2005 07:04:04 -0700, wrote:

Where can I purchase foam washers. They were between the top surface
of the bath and the tap, and I need to replace them.

Recently reseated a loo seat and the old "washers" below the hinges
where knackerd. Used a bit of that non-slip perfortated foamy stuff
that some sheds sell for lining draws. Worked a treat, cut over size
and trim with a sharp knife once everything is fitted. Can't see why
it shouldn't work for tap.

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Richard Conway August 16th 05 09:04 AM

wrote:
Where can I purchase foam washers. They were between the top surface of
the bath and the tap, and I need to replace them. I could use silicon
instead, but I will need to remove the taps again shortly. Ordinary
washers are too thick and leave an odd gap under the taps.
TIA.
Simon.

What about forming one with plummers mait?