Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kevin Brady

Default Skimming over emulsion on brickwork

I have a downstairs loo in a side building attached to the house, which I'm
doing up.

Internal wall is brickwork with a light coat of white emulsion over (very
light coat in places, you can see brick through the brush strokes). The
ceiling is a in-situ concrete, with tiny ridges where the forming timbers
were removed. The ceiling is similarly treated to a watery emuslion finish.

Ideally I would like to give both surfaces a skimcoat of (bonding?) plaster.
Do I first need to remove the watery paint from the bricks/concrete? Is
bonding plaster the best for skimming (2 coats max)?

Many thanks.

--
KEVIN BRADY, Oxford

Patchy emulsion.. ben UK diy 3 August 8th 05 11:33 AM
Flaky emulsion layer on plaster [email protected] UK diy 7 January 25th 05 02:22 PM
Brickwork vintage guide bricklaying 1945 FA Sarah M. UK diy 26 December 6th 04 01:53 AM
Answer To Emulsion Paint Removal troubleinstore UK diy 4 July 22nd 04 05:17 PM
water stains on kitchen ceiling along side chminey brickwork Chris Home Repair 0 February 24th 04 08:16 AM