Sarah M.

Default Brickwork vintage guide bricklaying 1945 FA

Superb vintage book on brickwork and bricklaying .Ex lib. 1945
excellent condition.
Section 1 Materials -Brickwork / Section 2 Brickwork construction /
Section 3 Craftsmanship in Brickwork

Covers everything to do with bricklaying in very thorough
detail,including old styles,tools ,corners,stopped ends,radius brick,
splay brick toothing etc. Much more!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT
BigWallop

"Sarah M." wrote in message
om...
Superb vintage book on brickwork and bricklaying .Ex lib. 1945
excellent condition.
Section 1 Materials -Brickwork / Section 2 Brickwork construction /
Section 3 Craftsmanship in Brickwork

Covers everything to do with bricklaying in very thorough
detail,including old styles,tools ,corners,stopped ends,radius brick,
splay brick toothing etc. Much more!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

WOW!!! Did you manage to put that on EBay by yourself? Bricklaying is
still done the same way today as it was back in the 17 hundreds, or even
earlier, so a book that covers this type of thing is still available today,
and it's cheaper to buy new. The only things that have any major
differences is the types and solutions used in the mortar mixes, but these
too can be found for no cost on the WWW.

Good luck with your auction though.

RR

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:54:50 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Good luck with your auction though.

I've only started using this group, but looking at the quality of your
comments, BigWallop, you certainly strike me as the "village asshole".

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
RR wrote:
Good luck with your auction though.

I've only started using this group, but looking at the quality of your
comments, BigWallop, you certainly strike me as the "village asshole".

Once you've got some experience of groups, you'll find *all* adverts are
fair game. People who advertise are looking for something for nothing -
and rarely contribute to the group.

--
*If vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Tony Bryer

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
Once you've got some experience of groups, you'll find *all*
adverts are fair game. People who advertise are looking for
something for nothing - and rarely contribute to the group.

That may be true but the group charter does say "Private
individuals wishing to sell (or give away!) relevant items
can use this group to advertise them, within reason, so long as
they post a followup when what is for sale is no longer available"

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm

Andy Dingley

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:29:25 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

That may be true but the group charter does say "Private
individuals wishing to sell (or give away!) relevant items
can use this group to advertise them,

This particular eBayer is a regular spammer all over Usenet.
Unfortunately eBay refuse to act, as she posts from a disposable email
address.
BigWallop

wrote:

Good luck with your auction though.

I've only started using this group, but looking at the quality of your
comments, BigWallop, you certainly strike me as the "village asshole".

Why, Thank you. Remind me never to reply to any of your questions then.
:-))

IMM

wrote:

Good luck with your auction though.

I've only started using this group, but looking at the quality of your
comments, BigWallop, you certainly strike me as the "village asshole".

You have noticed too. Sad.

Sarah M.

wrote:

Good luck with your auction though.

I've only started using this group, but looking at the quality of your
comments, BigWallop, you certainly strike me as the "village asshole".

You have noticed too. Sad.

I'm kind of amazed that the simple posting of a book for sale on an NG
can create such a furore. I am actually a private person who sells on
Ebay as a hobby,or rather to provide a smallish income whilst I bring
up the sprogs.
My own opinion,is that the odd advert from individual sellers is not
particularly offensive on any newsgroup...it's not as though I'm a
giant corporation or anything.
I post to the textiles NGs and although we have a marketplace ng,
people often ignore the fact and post adverts.Do we get overexcited
about it? Nope, not usually.
My view is that ngs that are mainly populated by men have a higher
than usual quota of "trainspotter" types who are easily given to bouts
of agitation when their territory is invaded.
But...I might be wrong! ;-))

love
Sarah
BigWallop

"Sarah M." wrote in message
om...

wrote:

[...]

You're right that you're wrong. A book sale is the best place to sell and
advertise books, I'd have thought. The people using this group, and there
are ladies in here too, are usually competent enough to have already bought
or sought books and instruction manuals on the things we discuss in this
group.

The group is normally used by DIYers who need further tips on a project they
are, or about to be, undertaking. They never normally come in here to ask
who's selling books on medieval brick laying. Well, not in my experience
anyways.

We don't take free advertising in the group to lightly, mainly, because it
would be to easy for any of the actual trades people that are giving advice
here to tell people that they can come round and the job for them at a
price. That's advertising your wares, isn't it?

You didn't even have the common courtesy to place the universal symbol "OT"
meaning "Off Topic" at the beginning of your post. This might have at least
warned people of the nature of your post.

You also didn't post an explanation of your intention to post an advert in
an OFF TOPIC for book sales newsgroup. Your first posting could have been
in the nature of "I'm in possession of a book about medieval brick laying
that I'd like to sell, would anyone mined if I placed details in the group
to tell people about it?". You may have got a good few responses from the
users about the kinds of things it has tell about. You may even have been
asked how much you wanted for it.

But, to blatantly come in here to sell your wares to people who are to busy
with their own DIY techniques, is, in my opinion, really daft.

So, again, you're right that you're wrong.

Tony Bryer

In article ,
BigWallop wrote:
Your first posting could have been in the nature of "I'm in
possession of a book about medieval brick laying that I'd like to
sell, would anyone mined if I placed details in the group
to tell people about it?".

Please spare us from posts of this nature. If you're going to post
this then you might as well post the substantive message. Otherwise
you get this, four people saying 'fine', two saying 'go away' and
the follow-up.

We don't take free advertising in the group to lightly, mainly,
because it would be to easy for any of the actual trades people
that are giving advice here to tell people that they can come
round and the job for them at a price. That's advertising your
wares, isn't it?

Please read the group charter. Commercial ads of the sort you
describe here are not allowed. Private individuals adverts for
relevant items are allowed. IMHO a book on bricklaying skills is
relevant but YMMV

Celtic King

Andy Dingley wrote in message . ..
can create such a furore.

That's because you're spamming scum. You have so little respect for
anyone else that you don't even have the decency to post a [ebay] or
[fa] or [spam] header in the subject line.

I don't care how little your business is - how well do you think
Usenet would work if we all did what you do ? You are a selfish
little brat who thinks the world revolves around you and your
interests alone.

Quite the big ****ing man aren't we??
Shut the **** up you loud mouth abusive little cocksucker.

There we are,a nice little reply on the same level as your own.
What a very sad person you must be.

regards
CK
Celtic King

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
In article ,
Celtic King wrote:
There we are,a nice little reply on the same level as your own.

And to what end, one might ask?

What a very sad person you must be.

Physician heal thyself...

Dingley likes to haunt usenet ,smug in his self appointed position of
netcop,just the sort of angry little person I find so very
tedious.Personally I don't like newsgroup spamming myself,however in
the scheme of things this seems pretty harmless,certainly not worthy
of having some maggot call you scum and a brat etc., I think Dinglys
kind of extreme language ugly and so very revealing.
Myself ,I don't think he'd be QUITE so brave and threatening if A.he
wasn't dealing with a women and B. if it was a face to face situation.
CK
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Celtic King wrote:
Physician heal thyself...

Dingley likes to haunt usenet ,smug in his self appointed position of
netcop,just the sort of angry little person I find so very
tedious.

He posts to this group on many subjects.

What *I* find tedious in the extreme are those who only post ads, and
those who only post to support them.

What they fail to realise is that their nice little captive audience would
be no more if everyone did only this.

--
*Be more or less specific *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Michael Mcneil

"BigWallop" wrote in message
.uk

I'm kind of amazed that the simple posting of a book for sale on an NG
can create such a furore. I am actually a private person who sells on
Ebay as a hobby,or rather to provide a smallish income whilst I bring
up the sprogs.

It's usually best to ignore arseholes like Big W*nker. They tend to over
reach themselves with their right to decide what we want to read or
argue about. If he had just spouted his tripe with reference to himself
and those who have given him their power of attorney I would not have
posted the following:

The people using this group, and there
are ladies in here too, are usually competent enough to have already bought
or sought books and instruction manuals on the things we discuss in this
group.

And some of them may reserve the right for themselves to decide when
they want another one.

The group is normally used by DIYers who need further tips on a project they
are, or about to be, undertaking. They never normally come in here to ask
who's selling books on medieval brick laying. Well, not in my experience
anyways.

Actually you are a total arse hole. No one treats people like this in
real life except total arseholes do they?

Who gave you the right to say that this may not be discussed as human to
human? Who told you that the subject is not one for this group? As it
happens I'd like to hear more about the book as the different styles and
the missing modern ideas might be quite interesting.

We don't take free advertising in the group to lightly, mainly, because it
would be to easy for any of the actual trades people that are giving advice
here to tell people that they can come round and the job for them at a
price. That's advertising your wares, isn't it?

Who is this "we"? I don't object to the threads on Screwfix nor do you
IIRC. In what way is this thread so different?

You didn't even have the common courtesy to place the universal symbol "OT"
meaning "Off Topic" at the beginning of your post. This might have at least
warned people of the nature of your post.

Courtesy? You are a fine one to use that word. It isn't even off topic,
fool.

You may have got a good few responses from the
users about the kinds of things it has tell about. You may even have been
asked how much you wanted for it.

Prick!

Consider yourself flamed of the weak. Get a life.

Celtic King

"BigWallop" wrote in message .uk...
Excuse me here, numbnuts. It was me who was rude to the OP for the
advertising she placed in the group. What's all this about you dealing with
AD the proper way?

Aaaah but you weren't QUITE as hysterical as Dingley,or so
threatening.Anyway,I've met Dingley and I don't like the creep.

Now that you, yourself, have given out where you stay
and where you drink, you can expect a visit from me. Just keep looking over
your shoulder, one day I'll there, soon.

Hahaha,That would be a very unwise move on your part! Anyway,yer
welcome to try.

CK
BigWallop

"Celtic King" wrote in message
om...
"BigWallop" wrote in message

.uk...
Excuse me here, numbnuts. It was me who was rude to the OP for the
advertising she placed in the group. What's all this about you dealing

with
AD the proper way?

Aaaah but you weren't QUITE as hysterical as Dingley,or so
threatening.Anyway,I've met Dingley and I don't like the creep.

Now that you, yourself, have given out where you stay
and where you drink, you can expect a visit from me. Just keep looking

over
your shoulder, one day I'll there, soon.

Hahaha,That would be a very unwise move on your part! Anyway,yer
welcome to try.

CK

Oh believe, you'll be on your own time. Just keep the eye over your
shoulder.
HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!

---

Celtic King

"BigWallop" wrote in message .uk...

Hahaha,That would be a very unwise move on your part! Anyway,yer
welcome to try.

CK

Oh believe, you'll be on your own time. Just keep the eye over your
shoulder.
HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!

I think you'll find it's a long way from Sandel Magna to Bristol and
hardly worth the journey.I can't say I'm particularly terrified at the
thought of some little old baldy offering me violence.

CK