Michael Mcneil

Default Nailgunitis.

Some plonker from nearby here has just been on the news after shooting
himself in the heart with a nail gun.

I just wanted to reassure all and sundry that it wasn't me.

On a serious note:

The report stated some 1/4 million people are injured each year playing
silly buggers with DIY. Some 70 or so die.

What I was thinking was all the money we save DIOS and a few silly
accidents wipe it out.

And how much was spent on saving him that could have saved a village
full of children in Niger.

(Not that I really think there is any correlation in the lines of
thought with anything that might be possible in reality. Nor do I
begrudge the effort and ability to save anyone anywhere.)

Tony Bryer

In article
lgate.org, Michael
Mcneil wrote:
And how much was spent on saving him that could have saved a
village full of children in Niger.

I would have thought that shooting yourself in the heart would save
the NHS loads of money compared with shooting yourself in the foot.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Peter Andrews

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:28fb3b0cc332c1e1c20377a0638c5624.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
Some plonker from nearby here has just been on the news after shooting
himself in the heart with a nail gun.

I just wanted to reassure all and sundry that it wasn't me.

On a serious note:

The report stated some 1/4 million people are injured each year playing
silly buggers with DIY. Some 70 or so die.

What I was thinking was all the money we save DIOS and a few silly
accidents wipe it out.

And how much was spent on saving him that could have saved a village
full of children in Niger.

(Not that I really think there is any correlation in the lines of
thought with anything that might be possible in reality. Nor do I
begrudge the effort and ability to save anyone anywhere.)

....and I'll bet that even more 'professionals' need treating each year, but
don't tell John Prescott or he will introduce Part Q...

Peter

Owain

Michael Mcneil wrote:
The report stated some 1/4 million people are injured each year playing
silly buggers with DIY. Some 70 or so die.
What I was thinking was all the money we save DIOS and a few silly
accidents wipe it out.

But you have to take into account the accidents and money saved through
DIOS instead of leaving things in a dangerous condition. This of course
is completely ignored in impact assessments for things like Part P.

Owain

Tony1

Saw this item too last night as did my wife. Just as I felt my
campaign to convince her I *really* need a nailgun was beginning to
work.

Mind you, she didn't seem too concerned...
Michael Mcneil wrote:
Some plonker from nearby here has just been on the news after shooting
himself in the heart with a nail gun.

I just wanted to reassure all and sundry that it wasn't me.

On a serious note:

The report stated some 1/4 million people are injured each year playing
silly buggers with DIY. Some 70 or so die.

What I was thinking was all the money we save DIOS and a few silly
accidents wipe it out.

And how much was spent on saving him that could have saved a village
full of children in Niger.

(Not that I really think there is any correlation in the lines of
thought with anything that might be possible in reality. Nor do I
begrudge the effort and ability to save anyone anywhere.)

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article .com, Tony1
wrote:

Saw this item too last night as did my wife. Just as I felt my
campaign to convince her I *really* need a nailgun was beginning to
work.

Perhaps she thinks you might try to use it upside down.

AJL

David Lang

"Tony1" wrote in message

Saw this item too last night as did my wife. Just as I felt my
campaign to convince her I *really* need a nailgun was beginning to
work.

You really do need a nailgun! I bought a Screwix compressor & nailgun combo
2 years ago and I haven't stopped using it since - one of the most useful
tools in the workshop.

Keep the campaign going!

Dave

Andy Hall

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:12:51 GMT, "David Lang"
wrote:

"Tony1" wrote in message

Saw this item too last night as did my wife. Just as I felt my
campaign to convince her I *really* need a nailgun was beginning to
work.

You really do need a nailgun! I bought a Screwix compressor & nailgun combo
2 years ago and I haven't stopped using it since - one of the most useful
tools in the workshop.

Keep the campaign going!

Dave

Yes he really does. Tell SWMBO that it's a "man" thing and that it
will save a lot of money.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
MadCow

In message , Andy Hall
writes

You really do need a nailgun! I bought a Screwix compressor & nailgun combo

Yes he really does. Tell SWMBO that it's a "man" thing and that it
will save a lot of money.

Let me guess... it'll make his winkie longer, and it'll save money by
being less expensive than some other winkie-extensions?

--
Sue ];(
Andy Hall

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 23:10:35 +0100, MadCow
wrote:

In message , Andy Hall
writes

You really do need a nailgun! I bought a Screwix compressor & nailgun combo

Yes he really does. Tell SWMBO that it's a "man" thing and that it
will save a lot of money.

Let me guess... it'll make his winkie longer, and it'll save money by
being less expensive than some other winkie-extensions?

Oh no. Wider. Better selling proposition.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

David Lang

"MadCow"
wrote in message

Let me guess... it'll make his winkie longer, and it'll save money by
being less expensive than some other winkie-extensions?

Exactly. Just like that pair of shoes you really need. And that handbag in
the sale that saved you a fortune......

Dave