Wheelbarrowbob

Default Fireproof enclosure for Consumer Unit?

You can get fire retardent board, used in chimneys to surround a flue pipe.
Looks like plastrboard and is easily cut to shape.
Dont know the cosrt but should be easily obtained.
impvan

Try www.envirograf.co.uk. They do intumescent lining for alsort of enclosures.

I have used their gaskets for drylining boxes in quantity.
Michael McNeil

(Lorcan Hamill) wrote in message om...

I had called ETCI (
http://www.etci.ie), the people who set the wiring
regs in Ireland, before posting the original message. A short time
*after* I had posted it, one of their techies got back to me. He
explained that the fireproof enclosure requirement is only for
timber-frame buildings.

What is a consumer unit? Meter boxes?

12mm glass fibre probably means the glass-lined plasterboard used in
fireproofing. I believe one side is pink. I can't remember. The 100mm
fibreglass is any wool of that sort with such a nominal thickness. A
roll unravels to about that depth in a loft for instance.

In studding it is used to prevent fire from spreading behind the
studwork by hanging a barricade of it on chicken-wire and by lining
between ceilings and floors.