John Young

Default Dry Mix

Can any kind soul tell me the correct proportions of sand to cement to
make a good dry mix. I have been volunteered to work on a garden for a
friend, and want to make a good job of it. I have been told that it
would be best to use soft sand...any comments?

John
r.p.mcmurphy

"John Young" wrote in message
Can any kind soul tell me the correct proportions of sand to cement to
make a good dry mix. I have been volunteered to work on a garden for a
friend, and want to make a good job of it. I have been told that it
would be best to use soft sand...any comments?

John

What exactly is the dry mix to be used for?

steve

Mike Dodd

John Young wrote:
Can any kind soul tell me the correct proportions of sand to cement to
make a good dry mix. I have been volunteered to work on a garden for a
friend, and want to make a good job of it. I have been told that it
would be best to use soft sand...any comments?

John

This seems to be the stock answer for such questions...

www.pavingexpert.com

The site is really useful for anything concrete-related.
John Young

Sorry, I forgot to add that the dry mix was to fill between paving
stones

John
nafuk

A builder I know uses the same sand used to fill the gaps between brick
paviours for driverways. This is kiln dries sand ans is fine so it
'flows' more easily into the gaps. A 6 or 7 of sand to 1 cement
brushed into the gaps should be ok.