Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Andrew May

Default Wide Wardrobe Doors

I have been planning the installation of a row of fitted wardrobes
along a 10ft bedroom wall. The intention was to have three sliding
doors each 3ft 4in wide with a collection of hangers, shelves and
drawers inside.

However at the weekend while looking round some furniture shops I saw
a couple of stand-alone wardrobes of a similar size that only had two
sliding doors, each being approximately 5ft wide. I have decided that
I rather like this solution since, paradoxically, it makes the
wardrobe look wider.

I would like to source similar doors to fit myself but all of the
places I have looked at limit the width to between 1m and 1m20 (3ft
3in to 4ft).

Obviously doors in this size are going to be heavy, think on and a
half sheets of 18mm MDF, and will need correspondingly heavy duty
runners.

Does anyone know where I can source doors of this size? Plain, not
mirrored but if I had a choice I would go for coloured glass.

Andrew

Odd-sized internal doors solution? BigWallop UK diy 5 August 29th 03 04:37 PM
Garage door opener for side hung doors. David W.E. Roberts UK diy 3 August 9th 03 06:20 PM
Sliding Doors Justo Ruiz UK diy 2 August 7th 03 09:57 AM
External Double doors Andy Hall UK diy 1 July 20th 03 09:47 PM
Kitchen doors The Question Asker UK diy 1 July 19th 03 02:52 AM