Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dark Angel

Default TV Booster, picture fuzzy.

I've just installed some new external TV ariels, which I intended to link to
a TV distribution booster/amplifier in the loft.

I checked the picture on them after installation via a TV in the upstairs
bedroom, to make sure they were correctly aligned and the picture was
crystal clear on both of them (one is for picking up Yorkshire TV, the other
for Central).

However, now I've connected them to the booster the picture is somewhat
fuzzy, particularly the alternate channels being received from the Central
TV aerial. It's not so bad if I connect it to the booster's "full" output,
but the individual split outputs leave much to be desired.

Whilst the cable run to the TV's is a bit longer now that I'm running them
through the booster, I thought the increased signal gain it provided meant
this wouldn't be a problem.

The booster itself is a Videolab 6-way amplifier, like the one at
http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr3974.html

Any ideas for the poor performance? Should I get rid of this one and plump
for a Maxview or Labgear one instead?

--
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)