in2minds

Default F'in cowboys

done every job in the house myself, including levelling the garden by
hand (took weeks), decided to have decking over the old patio, so SWMBA
says "we'll get someone in to do it so you can have a well deserved
break from DIY"

NEVER AGAIN !!!

I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say Butch Cassidy and the
Sundance Kid did the shoddiest work I've ever seen and are, as I type,
pulling it all down to start again...

My son used to work for these people and always said they did good work,
how things have change in the 2 years since he left /c;

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

in2minds wrote:

I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say Butch Cassidy and the
Sundance Kid did the shoddiest work I've ever seen and are, as I type,
pulling it all down to start again...

Yep.
Been there, done that.

Usually the ones with the cheapest quote will give the crappiest work.
As a DIY'er time has no cost (to a certain degree) and you become very
particular about the standard you expect. trouble is, it's not cost
realistic most of the time.

I ummed & ahhhd and pondered a long while about paying 2 plumbers £200 a
day each to do the final plumbing & connection of our boiler, but on a
day rate rather than price work I have been able to get everything; dare
I say, well beyond my greatest DIY expectations. Will have taken an
extra day's labour to complete on top of the expected 1.5 days, but the
end result is an absolute work of pipework art.
I suppose it just comes down to what you are willing to pay for what
level of work and how much you value your own time.

or something.

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Richard Faulkner

In message , in2minds
writes
done every job in the house myself, including levelling the garden by
hand (took weeks), decided to have decking over the old patio, so SWMBA
says "we'll get someone in to do it so you can have a well deserved
break from DIY"

NEVER AGAIN !!!

I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say Butch Cassidy and the
Sundance Kid did the shoddiest work I've ever seen and are, as I type,
pulling it all down to start again...

My son used to work for these people and always said they did good work,
how things have change in the 2 years since he left /c;

I now use a Seikh builder who came into my office many years ago and
said, "dont use the cowboys - call in the Indians". Needless to say,
after experiencing several cowboys, I now use the Indians g?

--
Richard Faulkner
in2minds

I now use a Seikh builder who came into my office many years ago and
said, "dont use the cowboys - call in the Indians". Needless to say,
after experiencing several cowboys, I now use the Indians g?

that's serial (sp)... my son now works for a construction company with
that very saying on the side of their vans, well almost, "you've had the
cowboys, now try the Indians" (c;