jkn

Default 15mm tee fitting with isolation valve(s)?

Hi there
Does anyone know if this item exists? My local plumbers merchant
doesn't know of one. I want to replace a compression isolation valve
with a tee fitting, and keep the valve action. This is under a sink and
there's little room in the pipework elsewhere.

Thanks
Jon N

BigWallop

"jkn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there
Does anyone know if this item exists? My local plumbers merchant
doesn't know of one. I want to replace a compression isolation valve
with a tee fitting, and keep the valve action. This is under a sink and
there's little room in the pipework elsewhere.

Thanks
Jon N

You mean like this?

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/39/p1061639_l.jpg

B&Q have them on their shelf, and most plumbers merchants should stock them
as well. If you get stuck, then the screwfix site has them as you can see.

jkn

Hi BW

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

You mean like this?

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/39/p1061639_l.jpg

B&Q have them on their shelf, and most plumbers merchants should stock them
as well. If you get stuck, then the screwfix site has them as you can see.

Well, like that, but with a compression fitting end on the third leg of
the tee. The 'tee' on this one has an outside thread for fitting eg. a
Washing machine hose, doesn't it?

FWIW I'm planning to fit an outside tap - timing is not great as we're
about to get a hosepipe ban, but never mind. From the current fitting
it's only 15cm or so to the outside wall and I planned on runnig 15mm
copper straight through the wall. If there is an alternative way which
would allow me to use a fitting like this in this situation I'd be
pleased to hear of it.

Thanks
J^n

chris French

In message .com, jkn
writes
Hi BW

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

You mean like this?

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/39/p1061639_l.jpg

B&Q have them on their shelf, and most plumbers merchants should stock them
as well. If you get stuck, then the screwfix site has them as you can see.

Well, like that, but with a compression fitting end on the third leg of
the tee. The 'tee' on this one has an outside thread for fitting eg. a
Washing machine hose, doesn't it?

FWIW I'm planning to fit an outside tap - timing is not great as we're
about to get a hosepipe ban, but never mind. From the current fitting
it's only 15cm or so to the outside wall and I planned on runnig 15mm
copper straight through the wall. If there is an alternative way which
would allow me to use a fitting like this in this situation I'd be
pleased to hear of it.

I'd have thought you could some sort of connector to the threaded end of
the fitting.

In fact thinking about it I must have used such a thing when I made a 3
way splitter from copper pipe to attach to my outside tap to feed
multiple hoses etc. Ask again at the PM?
--
Chris French

Dave Liquorice

On 15 Jul 2005 00:17:37 -0700, jkn wrote:

Well, like that, but with a compression fitting end on the third leg
of the tee. The 'tee' on this one has an outside thread for fitting
eg. a Washing machine hose, doesn't it?

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that will be a standard thread so I suspect a
3/4" tap connector would fit.

FWIW I'm planning to fit an outside tap

You can get kits of all the bits from the sheds is it worth the
hassell? ISTR they use "washing machine" type fitments both to the
pipework and back of the external tap.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
jkn wrote:
FWIW I'm planning to fit an outside tap - timing is not great as we're
about to get a hosepipe ban, but never mind. From the current fitting
it's only 15cm or so to the outside wall and I planned on runnig 15mm
copper straight through the wall.

Are you then having a long run of pipe round the outside wall? And where
are you in the country?

--
*I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
BigWallop

"jkn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi BW

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

[...]

The hose connection branch on these fittings are all 3/4'' BSP, so any
fitting which makes proper connection to that size will do. You should find
that most hose fittings will also be this size.

Rob Morley

In article .com,
"jkn" says...
Hi BW

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

You mean like this?

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/39/p1061639_l.jpg

B&Q have them on their shelf, and most plumbers merchants should stock them
as well. If you get stuck, then the screwfix site has them as you can see.

Well, like that, but with a compression fitting end on the third leg of
the tee. The 'tee' on this one has an outside thread for fitting eg. a
Washing machine hose, doesn't it?

Stick one of these on it?

chris French

In message , Rob Morley
writes
In article .com,
"jkn" says...
Hi BW

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

You mean like this?

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/39/p1061639_l.jpg

B&Q have them on their shelf, and most plumbers merchants should stock them
as well. If you get stuck, then the screwfix site has them as you can see.

Well, like that, but with a compression fitting end on the third leg of
the tee. The 'tee' on this one has an outside thread for fitting eg. a
Washing machine hose, doesn't it?

Stick one of these on it?

Tap connector

While you would imagine that would work ok, it may not. In the afore
mentioned attachment I made for my outside tap, when I tried to use a
tap connector it didn't mate properly and leaked a lot. When i made
another one I got a different fitting
, maybe just a plain compression to threaded fitting that worked much
better. So it would seem it depends on exactly what the threaded bit is
like
--
Chris French

chris French

In message .com, jkn
writes
Hi BW

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

You mean like this?

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/39/p1061639_l.jpg

B&Q have them on their shelf, and most plumbers merchants should stock them
as well. If you get stuck, then the screwfix site has them as you can see.

Well, like that, but with a compression fitting end on the third leg of
the tee. The 'tee' on this one has an outside thread for fitting eg. a
Washing machine hose, doesn't it?

I saw exactly the thing you are looking for yesterday. In Homebase of
all places.
--
Chris French

jkn

Hi Dave

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article .com,
jkn wrote:
FWIW I'm planning to fit an outside tap - timing is not great as we're
about to get a hosepipe ban, but never mind. From the current fitting
it's only 15cm or so to the outside wall and I planned on runnig 15mm
copper straight through the wall.

Are you then having a long run of pipe round the outside wall? And where
are you in the country?

No, I intended the tap to be mounted directly where the pipe came out.
And we're on the South Coast. I imagine you're asking about the
possiblity of freezing, but I'm not sure of your specific point...

J^n

Doctor Drivel

"jkn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Dave

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article .com,
jkn wrote:
FWIW I'm planning to fit an outside tap - timing is not great as we're
about to get a hosepipe ban, but never mind. From the current fitting
it's only 15cm or so to the outside wall and I planned on runnig 15mm
copper straight through the wall.

Are you then having a long run of pipe round the outside wall? And where
are you in the country?

No, I intended the tap to be mounted directly where the pipe came out.
And we're on the South Coast. I imagine you're asking about the
possiblity of freezing, but I'm not sure of your specific point...

Just take no notice of him.

Doctor Drivel

"jkn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi BW

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

You mean like this?

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/39/p1061639_l.jpg

B&Q have them on their shelf, and most plumbers merchants should stock

them
as well. If you get stuck, then the screwfix site has them as you can

see.

Well, like that, but with a compression fitting end on the third leg of
the tee. The 'tee' on this one has an outside thread for fitting eg. a
Washing machine hose, doesn't it?

FWIW I'm planning to fit an outside tap - timing is not great as we're
about to get a hosepipe ban, but never mind. From the current fitting
it's only 15cm or so to the outside wall and I planned on runnig 15mm
copper straight through the wall. If there is an alternative way which
would allow me to use a fitting like this in this situation I'd be
pleased to hear of it.

Beast to use a plastic outside tap, as they resist frost far better. Use
plastic pipe through the wall, sleeved in plastic too. More expensive but
better.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
jkn wrote:
Are you then having a long run of pipe round the outside wall? And
where are you in the country?

No, I intended the tap to be mounted directly where the pipe came out.
And we're on the South Coast. I imagine you're asking about the
possiblity of freezing, but I'm not sure of your specific point...

Yes - something like that. I'm in London with two outside taps both run in
copper and never had one freeze - or at least so as to damage anything.

But obviously, if you can fit a stopcock easily, it makes sense to do so.

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Beast to use a plastic outside tap, as they resist frost far better.
Use plastic pipe through the wall, sleeved in plastic too. More
expensive but better.

Just why would you want to sleeve plastic pipe where it went through a
wall?

Is this so when your tap falls off the wall as it would, the pipe doesn't
fray through as it swings in the wind?

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Brian Sharrock

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"jkn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi BW

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

[...]

And ... put an isolating valve on the inside before your
pipe goes into/through the wall. This'll mean that you've
got about a foot of piping before your outside tap - in the
autumn turn off the inside valve and open (=ON) the outside
tap - then you'll be indifferent to frost. BTW - you'll need
an appropriate anti-siphon valve on the feed to the outside
tap.

--

Brian

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in a silly message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Beast to use a plastic outside tap, as they resist frost far better.
Use plastic pipe through the wall, sleeved in plastic too. More
expensive but better.

Just why would you want to sleeve plastic pipe where it went through a
wall?

So the CVT gearboxes can go though

snip silliness

Is this so when your tap falls off the wall as it would, the pipe doesn't
fray through as it swings in the wind?

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

jkn

Hi Brian
It was to get the isolating valve that led to me asking my initial
question about a tee with built in isolation valves!

I didn't know plastic _taps_ were available ... not sure of the
benefits but I'll investigate further.

J^n

Doctor Drivel

"Brian Sharrock" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"jkn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi BW

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

[...]

The OP, is putting an isolation valve on the inside, hence the subject.
Most outside taps these day have an integral non-return valve. If not then
one has to be installed between the isolation valve and the outside tap.

Isolating the outside tap in winter is a good thing, but, the isolation may
be in a difficult to get to location and you may want to us the hose in
winter to hose off the car each week, so isolating is impractical. This is
where a plastic tap is useful against frost.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Isolating the outside tap in winter is a good thing, but, the isolation
may be in a difficult to get to location and you may want to us the hose
in winter to hose off the car each week, so isolating is impractical.
This is where a plastic tap is useful against frost.

I'd love to know how many in the SE of the UK have had a brass tap damaged
by frost.

--
*Starfishes have no brains *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Isolating the outside tap in winter is a good thing, but, the isolation
may be in a difficult to get to location and you may want to us the hose
in winter to hose off the car each week, so isolating is impractical.
This is where a plastic tap is useful against frost.

I'd love to know how many in the SE
of the UK have had a brass tap damaged
by frost.

The best thing for you to do is go knocking at all the doors you can see and
ask them. Come back in about 4 years and tell us.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I'd love to know how many in the SE of the UK have had a brass tap
damaged by frost.

The best thing for you to do is go knocking at all the doors you can see
and ask them. Come back in about 4 years and tell us.

So it's just another example of one of your harebrained theories?
Strange that a company the size of Screwfix don't even list a plastic
outside tap?

Stick to doing jobs for your family. They're probably the only ones who
could put up with your rubbish.

--
*Succeed, in spite of management *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" drivelled away in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel Brilliantly wrote:
I'd love to know how many in the SE of the UK have had a brass tap
damaged by frost.

The best thing for you to do is go knocking at all the doors you can see
and ask them. Come back in about 4 years and tell us.

So it's just another example of one of your harebrained theories?

You are the one who want the accurate data. You must knock on the doors.
Now go knocking.

snip drooling babble

raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Isolating the outside tap in winter is a good thing, but, the isolation
may be in a difficult to get to location and you may want to us the hose
in winter to hose off the car each week, so isolating is impractical.
This is where a plastic tap is useful against frost.

I'd love to know how many in the SE of the UK have had a brass tap damaged
by frost.

DIMM's shop obviously over-ordered and have a glut to get rid of

--
geoff
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Isolating the outside tap in winter is a good thing, but, the isolation
may be in a difficult to get to location and you may want to us the

hose
in winter to hose off the car each week, so isolating is impractical.
This is where a plastic tap is useful against frost.

I'd love to know how many in the SE of the UK have had a brass tap

damaged
by frost.

DIMM's shop obviously over-ordered and have a glut to get rid of

Maxie!! You are full of surprise. Do you mean, Dim Lin, the Oriental
enchantress, is selling plumbing bits? She has a shop? With girlie
calendars on the wall? Gasp.

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" frothed down his shirt in
message ...
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel brilliantly wrote:

I'd love to know how many in the SE
of the UK have had a brass tap
damaged by frost.

The best thing for you to do is go
knocking at all the doors you can see
and ask them. Come back in about
4 years and tell us.

So it's

...This man he doesn't know, a man who has no clue
...he spouts out his drivel, direct to me and you
...he's always on the run you see, from men who wear white coats
...he climbs out the clinic window, to be with all the normal folks

...to be with normal people the court it did decide
...that looniness should stay locked up, firmly shut inside.
...so next time you read all his babble, do not wear a frown
...he's frothing down his shift, and someone has to wipe it down

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I'd love to know how many in the SE
of the UK have had a brass tap
damaged by frost.

The best thing for you to do is go
knocking at all the doors you can see
and ask them. Come back in about
4 years and tell us.

..he spouts out his drivel,

Yes, and isn't it about time you stopped?

--
* What do they call a coffee break at the Lipton Tea Company? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

ROFLAO

Dave, you are sucker for punishment. Why do you keep doing it? IMM
always comes out on top, so why? You don't know when you are beat, or
when to back out.

IMM, now Dr Drivel, I now have to search on three names when Googling.
I liked the explanation from Paul and yourself of how the Prius works.
Now if they could have this hybrid in a van costing about =A310,000, I
would be very interested.

Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wrote:
I'd love to know how many in the SE
of the UK have had a brass tap
damaged by frost.

The best thing for you to do is go
knocking at all the doors you can see
and ask them. Come back in about
4 years and tell us.

..he spouts out his drivel,

Yes, and isn't it about time you stopped?

...this man says "stop" he wants to cease
...halt it all we must decease
...he doesn't really want to go
...proceed, advance, make way, oh no.

...his negative ways they hold him back
...no keep on going, no keep on track

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
ROFLAO

Since you've not included any previous post, are you laughing at yourself?

Dave, you are sucker for punishment. Why do you keep doing it? IMM
always comes out on top, so why? You don't know when you are beat, or
when to back out.

Why do you think I give a stuff what you think?

IMM, now Dr Drivel, I now have to search on three names when Googling.
I liked the explanation from Paul and yourself of how the Prius works.

You'd do better to do a Google search if you want to find out. Evil thinks
it hasn't got a CVT box.

Now if they could have this hybrid in a van costing about £10,000, I
would be very interested.

It could well be useful for a light van used solely in town. But of course
carrying a load is likely to effect the MPG rather more than with a diesel.
And each car sold looses Toyota money. So they're unlikly to give them
away for commercial use.

--
*The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" made things up and shamelessly
spat them out in message ...

You'd do better to do a Google search if you want to find out. Evil thinks
it hasn't got a CVT box.

Failure again...It has not CVT box. This medication has no effect
whatsoever.

Now if they could have this hybrid
in a van costing about £10,000, I
would be very interested.

It could well be useful for a light van
used solely in town.

...encouraging.

But of course
carrying a load is likely to effect the MPG

Now he is making it all up again. Sad but true.

snip babble

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
But of course
carrying a load is likely to effect the MPG

Now he is making it all up again. Sad but true.

Really? And just why then have they made the vehicle as light as possible
using expensive techniques?

If weight doesn't matter, it doesn't matter.

You really need to go to night school and learn some physics.

--
*I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" made things up and wrote in
message ...
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel brilliantly wrote:

But of course
carrying a load is likely to effect the MPG

Now he is making it all up again. Sad but true.

Really?

yes.

snip babble

Since you've not included any previous post, are you laughing at yourself?

I was laughing at this, which was funny and sums you up quite well:-

...This man he doesn't know, a man who has no clue
...he spouts out his drivel, direct to me and you
...he's always on the run you see, from men who wear white coats
...he climbs out the clinic window, to be with all the normal folks

...to be with normal people the court it did decide
...that looniness should stay locked up, firmly shut inside.
...so next time you read all his babble, do not wear a frown
...he's frothing down his shift, and someone has to wipe it down

Of all the Googling I do, I can honestly say I have found nothing of
any use you have contributed. I have read a lot of your childish silly
with what can only be regarded as childish snide remarks. If you don't
want to take uk.d-i-y seriously then please leave the group. There are
many groups that cater for the likes of you, so please use them and
leave serious groups alone.

You are an irritating troll of the Phil Kyle ilk.

TTFN

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
Since you've not included any previous post, are you laughing at
yourself?

I was laughing at this, which was funny and sums you up quite well:-

So you've even less knowledge of poetry than people?

[snip evil verse]

Of all the Googling I do, I can honestly say I have found nothing of any
use you have contributed.

Oh - you Google. Accounts for the lack of newsgroup etiquette. Please
learn it before posting again - it's in the charter for this and other
groups.

I have read a lot of your childish silly
with what can only be regarded as childish snide remarks.

I can only find four posts from you on my newsreader - these two which are
a waste of space and off topic, and two asking for help. One of which I
gave you good advice on. But despite some 25 posts in those threads I see
you didn't have the decency to thank those who helped you.

If you don't
want to take uk.d-i-y seriously then please leave the group.

And just who the hell do you think you are to tell *anyone* what to do?

There are many groups that cater for the likes of you, so please use
them and leave serious groups alone.

When you have a history of answering, rather than asking questions, I
might get taken seriously.

Wonder why those who choose to be rude on newsgroups always hide behind
false names and anonymous addresses?

--
*When you've seen one shopping centre you've seen a mall.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Since you've not included any
yourself?

I was laughing at this, which was
funny and sums you up quite well:-

So you've even less knowledge of poetry than people?

[snip evil verse]

By popular demand I post this gem......

...the Plowman man he calls me pet
...of inverted gender he must be set
...he gives us info we don't need to know
...down our throats he rams it so

...instictively you will spy
...in newsgroups with DIY
...attempting wisdom this fool will try

...the info's so poor tis clearly true
...so how does this garbage affect you?

...well take no heed of babble and drool
...as this one is a confirmed fool

...he marches around in CAT boots of yellow
...this strange brain damaged sort of fellow

...misadvice he has lots to say
...so don't give this yellow booted half-wit the time of day

Of all the Googling I do, I can
honestly say I have found nothing of any
use you have contributed.

Oh - you Google. Accounts for the
lack of newsgroup etiquette. Please
learn it before posting again - it's in
the charter for this and other
groups.

Why don't you take any notice of this charter then? Talk about double
standards.

I have read a lot of your childish silly
you think you are obliged to quip in
with what can only be regarded as
childish snide remarks.

I can only find four posts from you on
my newsreader

snip off topic babble

Which has nothing to do with your childish remarks. Not my words - but I
agree too.

If you don't want to take uk.d-i-y
seriously then please leave the group.

And just who the hell do you
think you are to tell *anyone* what to do?

I agree with him. Totally correct. You are a nusiance, and should go back
to the clinic, the PKCFT Clinc ...the Phil Kyle Clinic For Trolls.

There are many groups that cater
for the likes of you, so please use
them and leave serious groups alone.

When you have a history of answering,

snip off topic babble

He saying go and troll somewhere else. I agree with him.

snip more off topic babble

That was a very good post. The best for a long time. To the point and very
relevant