David Lang

Default Lidl Taps etc

Lidl have some very cheap taps & shower mixers on offer from the 18/6/05.

http://tinyurl.com/7b7jx

Dave

No connection etc.........

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
David Lang wrote:
Lidl have some very cheap taps & shower mixers on offer from the 18/6/05.

http://tinyurl.com/7b7jx

Dave

No connection etc.........

How do you get the water into them, then?

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
OldBill

David Lang wrote:
Lidl have some very cheap taps & shower mixers on offer from the 18/6/05.

http://tinyurl.com/7b7jx

Dave

No connection etc.........

They won't work very well on low pressure/ gravity fed supplies
Baz

"David Lang" wrote in message
.uk...
Lidl have some very cheap taps & shower mixers on offer from the 18/6/05.

http://tinyurl.com/7b7jx

Dave

No connection etc.........

How do you connect them then????????????????????????

David Lang

Dave Plowman (News) wrote

How do you get the water into them, then?

Oh tee bleedin hee :-)

I meant - oh never mind..............

Dave

Owain

David Lang wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
How do you get the water into them, then?

Oh tee bleedin hee :-)
I meant - oh never mind..............

If you're tees bleeding you shouldn't have used a hacksaw :-)

Owain

Gel

Probably based on spec for mainland Europe where they have direct feed
and no storage tanks=high pressure

Doctor Evil

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:41:01 +0100, OldBill
wrote:

David Lang wrote:
Lidl have some very cheap taps & shower mixers on offer from the 18/6/05.

http://tinyurl.com/7b7jx

Dave

No connection etc.........

They won't work very well on low pressure/ gravity fed supplies

You need a Rinnai combi doodah with a radiator in an airing cupboard
and a fast recovery cylinder. Fit a remote mixing thermostat and a
sprinkling of Part P with a dual gas cock for the best results. I
have one of these in my library extension that I constructed in a lock
up garage entirely with my own hands using nothing more than a Wickes
SDS drill and a junior hacksaw.

Doctor Evil

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
Lidl have some very cheap taps & shower mixers on offer from the

18/6/05.

http://tinyurl.com/7b7jx

Dave

No connection etc.........

They won't work very well on low pressure/ gravity fed supplies

You need a Rinnai combi doodah with a radiator in an airing cupboard
and a fast recovery cylinder. Fit a remote mixing thermostat and a
sprinkling of Part P with a dual gas cock for the best results. I
have one of these in my library extension that I constructed in a lock
up garage entirely with my own hands using nothing more than a Wickes
SDS drill and a junior hacksaw.

Matty you taking my identity. Your ISP may get to know. I wouldn't mind if
it was witty, but this quality you lack.

PC Paul

eenews.net...

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
Lidl have some very cheap taps & shower mixers on offer from the

18/6/05.

http://tinyurl.com/7b7jx

Dave

No connection etc.........

They won't work very well on low pressure/ gravity fed supplies

You need a Rinnai combi doodah with a radiator in an airing cupboard
and a fast recovery cylinder. Fit a remote mixing thermostat and a
sprinkling of Part P with a dual gas cock for the best results. I
have one of these in my library extension that I constructed in a lock
up garage entirely with my own hands using nothing more than a Wickes
SDS drill and a junior hacksaw.

Matty you taking my identity. Your ISP may get to know. I wouldn't mind
if
it was witty, but this quality you lack.

Actually I thought the quality of your postings had gone up significantly,
Dr.ivel

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
You need a Rinnai combi doodah with a radiator in an airing cupboard
and a fast recovery cylinder. Fit a remote mixing thermostat and a
sprinkling of Part P with a dual gas cock for the best results. I
have one of these in my library extension that I constructed in a lock
up garage entirely with my own hands using nothing more than a Wickes
SDS drill and a junior hacksaw.

6/10. Far to literate to be genuine.

--
*Don't use no double negatives *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

.uk...

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

The quality of my postings are 110% at all times. I am the best poster in
the world.

John Rumm

Doctor Evil wrote:

I wouldn't mind if
it was witty, but this quality you lack.

It was more entertaining that you have been recently.

--
Cheers,

John.

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

.. .
wrote:

David Lang wrote:
Lidl have some very cheap taps & shower mixers on offer from the

18/6/05.

http://tinyurl.com/7b7jx

Dave

No connection etc.........

They won't work very well on low pressure/ gravity fed supplies

You need a Rinnai combi doodah with a radiator in an airing cupboard
and a fast recovery cylinder. Fit a remote mixing thermostat and a
sprinkling of Part P with a dual gas cock for the best results. I
have one of these in my library extension that I constructed in a lock
up garage entirely with my own hands using nothing more than a Wickes
SDS drill and a junior hacksaw.

Matty you taking my identity. Your ISP may get to know. I wouldn't mind if
it was witty, but this quality you lack.

You have the copyright on a non existent name ?

--
dIMM

Mike Tomlinson

In article ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

The quality of my postings are 110% at all times. I am the best poster in
the world.

That'll be why you've lost so many accounts for abuse, then. ****wit.

Adrian C

raden wrote:

Matty you taking my identity. Your ISP may get to know. I wouldn't
mind if
it was witty, but this quality you lack.

You have the copyright on a non existent name ?

lol, check his headers - someone has hacked his readfreenews.net account!

--
Adrian C
raden

In message , Adrian C
writes
raden wrote:

Matty you taking my identity. Your ISP may get to know. I wouldn't
mind if
it was witty, but this quality you lack.

You have the copyright on a non existent name ?

lol, check his headers - someone has hacked his readfreenews.net account!

I didn't look that far

--
geoff
Doctor Evil

"Adrian C" wrote in message
raden wrote:

Matty you taking my identity. Your ISP may get to know. I wouldn't
mind if
it was witty, but this quality you lack.

You have the copyright on a non existent name ?

lol, check his headers - someone has hacked his readfreenews.net account!

Not hacked in at all. Anyone can put any name on the "from" line. An dif you
deliberately do it to take someone ID you can be in trouble . Matty boy is
with pipex, so if the details get to them he may find himself in trouble.

Doctor Evil

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

The quality of my postings are 110% at all times. I am the best poster

in
the world.

That'll be why you've lost so many accounts for abuse, then. ****wit.

Silly said, I have NEVER lost an account at all. How is Wallasey then?
Such a horrid little scruffy town too. How is the job at Liverpool John
Moors uni? I bet they don't like what you are doing on their time.
Sackable offence you know.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
Lidl have some very cheap taps & shower mixers on offer from the

18/6/05.

http://tinyurl.com/7b7jx

Dave

No connection etc.........

They won't work very well on low pressure/ gravity fed supplies

You need a Rinnai combi doodah with a radiator in an airing cupboard
and a fast recovery cylinder. Fit a remote mixing thermostat and a
sprinkling of Part P with a dual gas cock for the best results. I
have one of these in my library extension that I constructed in a lock
up garage entirely with my own hands using nothing more than a Wickes
SDS drill and a junior hacksaw.

Matty you taking my identity. Your ISP may get to know. I wouldn't mind

if
it was witty, but this quality you lack.

You have the copyright on a non existent name ?

Maxie, when someone is clearly taking someone else's identity, that is very
naughty. Remember you did it.

Doctor Evil

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

I wouldn't mind if
it was witty, but this quality you lack.

It was more entertaining that you have been recently.

Is that all you can come out with? Shishhh

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

It's not an id that you have any exclusive right to

There's nothing stopping anyone else using it

Remember you ranted on about it some time ago, but failed to do anything
about it

You are, as usual full of ********

--
geoff
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Maxie, when someone is clearly taking someone else's identity, that is
very naughty.

But you don't have an identity, John.

--
*Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Maxie, when someone is clearly taking someone else's identity, that is
very naughty.

But you don't have an identity, John.

Mr Cranium, how are the electronic cabers getting along.

Suz

"Owain" wrote in message
David Lang wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
How do you get the water into them, then?

Oh tee bleedin hee :-)
I meant - oh never mind..............

If you're tees bleeding you shouldn't have used a hacksaw :-)

Owain

That's one Richard Whitely would have proud of, Owain.

Suz

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Probably based on spec for mainland Europe where they have direct feed
and no storage tanks=high pressure

So what does that mean for here? If it can take high pressure, then it'll
be ok with crappy tank pressure?

Doctor Drivel

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article , "Suz"
says...

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Probably based on spec for mainland Europe where they have direct feed
and no storage tanks=high pressure

So what does that mean for here? If it can take high pressure, then

it'll
be ok with crappy tank pressure?

Insufficient flow.

I was near Lidl on Monday morning and went in to have a look. The taps are
good quality, smart, made in Italy and with a 5 year guarantee. They are
not the same as Screwfix. They sold them for buttons. A young nephew of
mine is to redo his new old house soon so I bought a bunch of the stuff: 3
basin mixers, bath mixer and two thermostatic shower mixers and hoses etc, I
paid about £75. Normally that could not get you two of the basin mixers. I
figured it was about 1/4 of the price you would normally pay. The shower
mixers were good quality and only £15. A similar sort in Screwfix, which I'm
sure would be of less quality, would be £60. There is a service number on
the info leaflet, so no throw away items. Mixers come with ceramic discs.

All were high pressure, with some requiring a minimum of 0.5 bar. I spoke
to a few people about to buy them when I pointed out to them they are high
pressure only and only a dribble will come out if used on their tanks. I'm
sure many will be returned when they all find out. Most of the stock was
sold win the first 2 hours.

The nephew is doing his bathroom up in about a year. His old basins have two
taps. I suggested that the basin monobloc tap be fitted to one ot the taps
holes and a blanking plate fitted in the other. The pop up waste can still
be used as the rods stretch enough, and it can be used with the one hole
basin in the future. I will be fitting his new taps at the weekend.

So, thanks for the Lidl tip.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
A young nephew of mine is to redo his new old house soon so I bought a
bunch of the stuff: 3 basin mixers, bath mixer and two thermostatic
shower mixers and hoses etc, I paid about £75.

More work for relatives. Are they the only ones who will employ you these
days?

--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote much madness in message
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

A young nephew of mine is to redo his new old house soon so I bought a
bunch of the stuff: 3 basin mixers, bath mixer and two thermostatic
shower mixers and hoses etc, I paid about £75.

More work for

Total madness

snip madness

Dave Plowman (News)

Doctor Drivel wrote:

A young nephew of mine is to redo his new old house soon so I
bought a bunch of the stuff: 3 basin mixers, bath mixer and two
thermostatic shower mixers and hoses etc, I paid about £75.

More work for relatives. Are they the only ones who will employ you
these days?

Total madness

I agree. You'd have thought even they'd have got fed up with your
inconsistencies - recommending the most expensive approach to near
anything on here, but buying cheap junk for them.

--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" stupidly wrote in mesage

Doctor Drivel brilliantly wrote:

A young nephew of mine is to redo his new old house soon so I
bought a bunch of the stuff: 3 basin mixers, bath mixer and two
thermostatic shower mixers and hoses etc, I paid about £75.

More work for relatives. Are they the only ones who will employ you
these days?

Total madness

I agree.

Then aren't you going back to the clinic then?

Suz

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article , "Suz"
says...

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

The taps were in Lidl in NI about two months ago. In a week's time they
will have shower heads, rails etc here. Dunno if that means the rest of you
will be seeing these in the future..
For you perusal:
http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index_ni.nsf/p...20050725.index

Suzanne

Doctor Drivel

"Suz" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article , "Suz"
says...

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Al the shower heads.etc, are on sale right now at Lidl. The quality is
plastic and not that hot. I suggest a decent quality mixer and a very good
quality shower set. A nice feel to the head and rail, etc, is nice.

Owain

Suz wrote:
The taps were in Lidl in NI about two months ago. In a week's time they
will have shower heads, rails etc here. Dunno if that means the rest of you
will be seeing these in the future..
For you perusal:
http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index_ni.nsf/p...20050725.index

Lidl Edinburgh had shower heads etc in (almost sold out) yesterday.
Looked good quality at amazingly cheap prices, four quid for a shower or
something like that.

Next week is DIY and Babyfood week at Lidl apparently.

Owain

Bath Taps wont fit? a UK diy 4 September 7th 04 12:07 AM
Old bath taps Mary Fisher UK diy 14 December 11th 03 10:35 PM
Problem with a mixer shower taps jay UK diy 2 November 11th 03 02:21 AM
Help! Insufficient head for modern taps grrrrr :@ [UK]CuteSpunkyLad UK diy 6 September 3rd 03 10:01 AM
Taps on basin keep moving John Stumbles UK diy 1 August 12th 03 08:42 AM