DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Finding replacement curtain rail fixings (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/112850-finding-replacement-curtain-rail-fixings.html)

[email protected] July 7th 05 11:26 PM

Finding replacement curtain rail fixings

I need a few replacement fixings for a plastic curtain rail that was
put up about 13 years ago but looking in all my local DIY stores and on
the web I haven't found the right ones.

I haven't a clue what brand the curtain rail is and the fixings have no
makers name or part number on them. Is there an expert on these out
there I could try to describe them to, or does anyone know of a shop
that might have old curtain fixings that I could call?

TIA

Julesh

Gel July 7th 05 11:35 PM

Swish was popular but designs change regularly so normal outlets not an
option

Mike July 7th 05 11:45 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need a few replacement fixings for a plastic curtain rail that was
put up about 13 years ago but looking in all my local DIY stores and on
the web I haven't found the right ones.

I haven't a clue what brand the curtain rail is and the fixings have no
makers name or part number on them. Is there an expert on these out
there I could try to describe them to, or does anyone know of a shop
that might have old curtain fixings that I could call?

Take a sample into nearest John Lewis. One of them might recognise it as a
lot of the staff stay there a long time as employees part own the stores.

ben July 8th 05 12:03 AM

wrote:
I need a few replacement fixings for a plastic curtain rail that was
put up about 13 years ago but looking in all my local DIY stores and
on the web I haven't found the right ones.

I haven't a clue what brand the curtain rail is and the fixings have
no makers name or part number on them. Is there an expert on these out
there I could try to describe them to, or does anyone know of a shop
that might have old curtain fixings that I could call?

TIA

Julesh

Post a link to a pic of them and I might be able to help?

Looked around today for some cheap rail fixings and rail... by eck! they
ain't cheap are they £10 and up around £30 mark.