Chris McBrien

Default Coffin Tank - Noisey Ballcock.

Referring to my previous post...

I fitted a 18" x 18" x 64" Coffin tank in my loft but the supplied ballcock
was very noisey when shutting off due to the slow rate of rise of the water
level in a tank of this shape.

Several 'Gurus' suggested a Torbeck valve as a replacement. I fitted this
device last night and............ peace and quiet. The Torbeck shuts off
quickly and with minimum noise.

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

r.p.mcmurphy

"Chris McBrien" wrote in message
. ..
Referring to my previous post...

I fitted a 18" x 18" x 64" Coffin tank in my loft but the supplied
ballcock
was very noisey when shutting off due to the slow rate of rise of the
water
level in a tank of this shape.

Several 'Gurus' suggested a Torbeck valve as a replacement. I fitted this
device last night and............ peace and quiet. The Torbeck shuts off
quickly and with minimum noise.

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

aamoi, how much did you pay for it and where from?

steve

Chris McBrien

I think it was about =C2=A37.50 from B & Q.

Apparently Screwfix do them cheaper but I just had a small window of opportunity to do=
the job.