r.p.mcmurphy

Default Good Hardwood Windows?

Anyone recommend a manufacturer?
I'm based in Staffordshire.

Ta

Steve

RedOnRed

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
Anyone recommend a manufacturer?
I'm based in Staffordshire.

Ta

Steve

See my earlier posting or just try these links...

http://www.brightwood-conservatories.co.uk

http://www.ovationwindows.co.uk/

http://www.oxforddoubleglazing.com/

http://sg-woodenwindows.com/English/English.html

http://thetraditionalwindowcompany.com/mainmenu.html

I think most have of them have national coverage.

Malcolm Stewart

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
Anyone recommend a manufacturer?
I'm based in Staffordshire.
Ta
Steve

Hardwood windows used to be listed in the Magnet catalogue. No idea whether
they meet your or anybody's ideas of "Good". [Hardwood frames were
specified for my now 23year old house, but softwood frames were fitted, and
some of these are rotting quite nicely.]

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

RedOnRed

[Hardwood frames were
specified for my now 23year old house, but softwood frames were fitted,
and
some of these are rotting quite nicely.]

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

I wonder where in Milton Keynes? I live there too.

Modern hardwood double glazing technology and quality has moved on a massive
amount over the past 10 years. It's had to, to keep up with the popularity
of UPVC.

A hardwood double glazing salesman brought round a small sample unit to my
house and I could bearly lift it off the floor. God knows how they get a
medium to large sized one up a ladder.

Andrew Barnes

http://www.jeld-wen.co.uk/materials_windows.asp

RedOnRed

"Andrew Barnes" wrote in message
http://www.jeld-wen.co.uk/materials_windows.asp

Fine, if you just want a supplier only option.

Mike

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
Anyone recommend a manufacturer?
I'm based in Staffordshire.

Ovation Windows in Rugby

Rick

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:03:18 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
Anyone recommend a manufacturer?
I'm based in Staffordshire.

Ovation Windows in Rugby

Who take a while to quote, a week so far, and still waiting .
Not that any of the others (except biff) did any better.

Rick

Mike

"Rick" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:03:18 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
Anyone recommend a manufacturer?
I'm based in Staffordshire.

Ovation Windows in Rugby

Who take a while to quote, a week so far, and still waiting .
Not that any of the others (except biff) did any better.

Rick

Quoted for me in two days straight after a show an NEC. Perhaps somebody's
on holiday.

Not that any of the others (except biff) did any better.

Who? Oh, him :-)
http://www.biffvernon.freeserve.co.uk/oak_works.htm

RedOnRed

Who take a while to quote, a week so far, and still waiting .
Not that any of the others (except biff) did any better.

Rick

Yeah, i'm getting exactly the same from them. Although they have just called
me back after a week - so they haven't completely forgotten me.

The sales guy was telling me his wife won't let him out at night any more
coz they've got a young baby and she needs the help.