Default Cost of installing wet underfloor heating

I am thinking about putting UFH in a room that's about to be converted
to a ground floor bathroom. The conversion centres around the needs of
my disabled wife. The house was built in the '30s and the existing
floor is quarry tiles on concrete - a surface that's very cold to the
touch. I'm tempted by the idea of UFH because I want the room to
always be pleasantly warm, and I particularly don't want the floor to
feel cold. It's been suggested that I could install elctric UFH fairly
cheaply without having to remove the existing floor - I assume this
would raise the floor level by 15mm or so, but that would be OK.
However, I'm concerned about the running cost of the electric option.
The room 1s about 2.5m square, so I guess I'd be looking at about
800-1000 watts? Asuming it's run 12 hours a day for 9 months of the
year that's about =A3260 on my annual electricity bill.

The installation of the drains is going to mean ripping up some of the
floor, so I'm left wondering if it wouldn't be better to remove the
whole lot and install insulation and a wet system. Can anyone give me
an idea as to what I should expect to have to pay for this (in the
South-East).

Thanks,

Mike

Cost Estimating- Replacement of Baseboard Hydronic Heater Vince Home Repair 5 June 28th 05 02:38 AM
Materials Cost Vs Labour Cost? Jim B Home Repair 10 June 14th 05 08:11 AM
New gas furnace time [email protected] Home Repair 22 February 19th 05 03:19 AM
new house cost simon beer UK diy 22 February 3rd 05 05:06 PM
Rough cost of re-doing a concrete drive David Hearn UK diy 9 September 17th 03 03:05 PM