Default Integral border tiles - which way up ?

Just re-tiling my bathroom and have bought integral border tiles for
the border. My question is which way up should these be fitted?

In the shops when the border is integral to the tile it looks like the
border is positioned upwards.

For the best layout due to the position of the window vs border it
works out the border would be best placed downwards in the border row.

Is there a standard way up these tiles should go ?

TheScullster

Borders tend to be placed directly under a window cill where appropriate.
Here they a
Continuous under, rather than broken by, the window.
At a visible level above the sink taps.
A decorative framing for the window cill.

BUT

The bottom line is:

The best way for you is the way YOU like them!

I refurb'd my bathroom last year with a border of small marble pieces on
plastic backing (if you know what I mean). Not only did I run these
horizontally around the room, but also included 2 vertical full height
"borders?".
This gives the room a slightly modern feel without resorting to nasty chrome
tiles etc

Phil