Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bert Coules

Default Housing for integrated fridge/freezer

I'm just about to assemble a pack-flat tall kitchen cupboard, designed
as a housing for a built-in fridge/freezer. I was surprised to see
that the cupboard comes with a hardboard back panel: doesn't a
fridge-freezer need a bit (or maybe even a lot) of ventilation at the
back?

The back doesn't appear to do anything beyond helping to hold the
housing square, and I can find other ways to do that; is there any
practical reason why I shouldn't just leave it off?

Incidentally, how exactly does the fridge/freezer fit into the
housing? Does it just sit there, unattached except for the
door-fronts? The cupboard comes with 6" plastic screw-in feet, which
I'm assuming are up to the job of supporting what's going to be quite
a hefty weight.

Thanks in advance.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

Housing bubble? Steve Home Ownership 2 May 5th 05 09:45 PM
stuck tap in aluminum housing mkazemi Metalworking 34 December 24th 04 06:08 PM
Electrocution case Nick UK diy 65 October 16th 04 09:59 PM
Removing the fan from a fridge/freezer Stephen Chard Home Repair 2 September 4th 04 02:26 PM