mmurph30

Default Disposal of Aspestos roof

I've got an old shed with corrugated Asbestos/concrete panels. How do I get
rid of these? is there someone who takes the down & get's rid of them? I'm
based in Co. Kildare.

James

"mmurph30" wrote
I've got an old shed with corrugated Asbestos/concrete panels. How do I
get rid of these? is there someone who takes the down & get's rid of them?
I'm based in Co. Kildare.

Don't know what trained contractors there are in Kildare (maybe check the
Golden Pages) but you should make yourself aware of the regulations.
Here's a summary:
http://www.oasis.gov.ie/environment/...gulations.html

PhilÅ

From the Kildare County Council's website:

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/index.html Search for Asbestos.

FOR ADVICE ON ASBESTOS REMOVAL CONTACT THE HEALTH & SAFETY
AUTHORITY TEL. NO. (01) 6620400 Health & Safety Authority Waste
Disposal Waste disposal, including the disposal of asbestos cement
comes under the remit of the provisions of the Waste Management
Act 1996.

BTW for the UK-ers some scary stuff here, "Things to come" :

https://server1-sweb.tibus.net/kildare/refuse.php

Things to come, and more Fly Tipping as well..

Just nip out Love and chuck that rubbish bag somewhere

EricP

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:44:55 +0100, "mmurph30"
babbled like a waterfall and said:

I've got an old shed with corrugated Asbestos/concrete panels. How do I get
rid of these? is there someone who takes the down & get's rid of them? I'm
based in Co. Kildare.

It's no danger to you. Wear a mask and don't cut it if you are
worried. The local council should have a special skip at the local
tip.

Remember these sheets have only been banned a couple of years and that
was to avoid health risks to the people actually making the sheets,
not the users. Asbestos makes a lot of dust and people mixing it for
process could not be trusted to really obey safety precautions for
prolonged exposure.
mmurph30

"PhilÅ" wrote in message

From the Kildare County Council's website:

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/index.html Search for Asbestos.

FOR ADVICE ON ASBESTOS REMOVAL CONTACT THE HEALTH & SAFETY
AUTHORITY TEL. NO. (01) 6620400 Health & Safety Authority Waste
Disposal Waste disposal, including the disposal of asbestos cement
comes under the remit of the provisions of the Waste Management
Act 1996.

BTW for the UK-ers some scary stuff here, "Things to come" :

https://server1-sweb.tibus.net/kildare/refuse.php

Things to come, and more Fly Tipping as well..

Just nip out Love and chuck that rubbish bag somewhere

we don't have a poll tax/council tax

Anthony

"mmurph30" wrote in message
I've got an old shed with corrugated Asbestos/concrete panels. How do I

get
rid of these? is there someone who takes the down & get's rid of them? I'm
based in Co. Kildare.

When we had to get rid of an asbestos roof, we just got masks to avoid
breathing in the dust, and broke it up with a hammer. No point in paying
some cowboy a fortune to do it for you.

All you have to worry about then is getting someone to dispose of it.

Spray in foam insulation + minimum roof slope? Albert Home Repair 13 November 9th 04 06:53 PM
Get a New Roof But Don't Add Any Ventilation? Jay Chan Home Repair 12 March 30th 04 05:16 PM
FLAT ROOF - modern recovering methods? Richard Sterry UK diy 10 March 29th 04 10:28 AM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM