lenny

Default Disconnect gas pipe from fireplace

Hi there,

I would like to disconnect my gase fire in the living room as we are
re-decorating everything.

The gas fire is only conencted to this small gas pipe on the side (I suppose
the common one inUK), what are the precaution to take and what is the best
way to disconnect it?

Thx in advance for your advice.

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Ian Stirling

lenny wrote:
Hi there,

I would like to disconnect my gase fire in the living room as we are
re-decorating everything.

The gas fire is only conencted to this small gas pipe on the side (I suppose
the common one inUK), what are the precaution to take and what is the best
way to disconnect it?

Look at the gas FAQ posted in this group.
(google uk.d-i-y gas faq)
First turn the gas off at the meter.
Then turn off the shutoff valve next to the gas fire, and disconnect.

Reverse to reconnect, look at the FAQ to see how to check if the connection
you've just made is leaking, and what you should do.
Ed Sirett

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:20:05 +0000, Ian Stirling wrote:

lenny wrote:
Hi there,

I would like to disconnect my gase fire in the living room as we are
re-decorating everything.

The gas fire is only conencted to this small gas pipe on the side (I suppose
the common one inUK), what are the precaution to take and what is the best
way to disconnect it?

Look at the gas FAQ posted in this group.
(google uk.d-i-y gas faq)
First turn the gas off at the meter.
Then turn off the shutoff valve next to the gas fire, and disconnect.

Reverse to reconnect, look at the FAQ to see how to check if the connection
you've just made is leaking, and what you should do.

If you _need_ to ask you probably should be leaving well alone...

You may find that you can fairly easily remove the outer cover (and
invariably the control knob also) then decorate and replace the cover.

If it is a long time since the fire was properly serviced (which
invariably means removing the fire entirely), then you might be able to
coincide your decorating with it being serviced.