David

Default Strimmer

This may be slightly OT, but I have bought a Bosch "Combitrim" strimmer from
Costco that I am having trouble with. Either there were no instructions
enclosed or I have lost them. The problem is that the cord keep
disappearing soon after I activate the button that lengthens the it. Any
idea what I could be doing wrong?

David,
Manchester.

David wrote:
This may be slightly OT, but I have bought a Bosch "Combitrim" strimmer from
Costco that I am having trouble with. Either there were no instructions
enclosed or I have lost them. The problem is that the cord keep
disappearing soon after I activate the button that lengthens the it. Any
idea what I could be doing wrong?

I have one of these that I bought recently and have had a problem
similar to yours at times. I haven't really diagnosed what's wrong
exactly but try the following:-

Thoroughly clean the spool, remove all grass etc., and try again.

Try a new spool, this is what fixed it properly for me.

Don't try strimming near wire netting or similar, I found that
this often broke the strimmer line at or in the spool necessitating
taking it apart and rethreading the line.

When strimming 'bump' the spool frequently, don't let the line get
to short.

I also have a smaller and lighter B&D 'Reflex' strimmer which feeds
the line completely automatically and I have to say it's worked
perfectly so far with none of the problems that the Bosch has had.

--
Chris Green
David

wrote in message ...
David wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Chris. Quite often, however, it's bumping that causes the line to
vanish.

David

Worst Tools [email protected] UK diy 34 April 22nd 05 01:27 PM
Electric strimmer recommendations wanted [email protected] UK diy 2 April 15th 05 02:33 PM
Ryobi Strimmer? Clutch or no clutch? john UK diy 4 April 13th 05 07:56 AM
McCulloch Strimmer Line Frank P UK diy 13 June 9th 04 07:40 AM
strimmer motor won't start... The Natural Philosopher UK diy 14 May 13th 04 04:55 PM