Junior Member

Question need help with eletric cricut please!

Hi everyone! It's like this... I got 2 lights I need to link together - light A and light B, light A is connected with a timer. Basically I jus want to make light B off when A comes on and Light B on when A comes off ? can anyone tell me what I need please?
thank you!!

Last edited by djdiy : May 28th 05 at 03:38 AM Reason: dont know
Andy Pandy

On Sat, 28 May 2005 03:34:50 +0100, djdiy
wrote:

Hi everyone! It's like this... I got 2 lights I need to link together -
light A and light B, light A is connected with a timer. Basically I jus
want to make light B off when A comes on and Light B on when A comes off
? can anyone tell me what I need please?
thank you!!

You require a timeswitch with a changeoever contact rather than a
simple on-off. You may find that your existing timeswitch already has
this facility.

The terminals will be marked :-
NC for Normally closed.
NO for Normally open
and C for Common.

C would be a Live feed.
NO would be light A
NC would be light B

Or of course you could reverse A and B

HTH Andy

John Rumm

Andy Pandy wrote:

You require a timeswitch with a changeoever contact rather than a
simple on-off. You may find that your existing timeswitch already has
this facility.

The terminals will be marked :-
NC for Normally closed.
NO for Normally open
and C for Common.

C would be a Live feed.
NO would be light A
NC would be light B

Or of course you could reverse A and B

You could also do it with a changeover relay... (i.e. DPDT)

--
Cheers,

John.

Junior Member

Thanks for the answer guys, that's very helpful!
Andy Pandy

On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:37:12 +0100, djdiy
wrote:

Thanks for the answer guys, that's very helpful!

The contacts may be marked L1 and L2 and C.

Andy