TheScullster

Default Quality Outdoor Wall Lights

Hi all

Just having an extension re-furb'd and want to fit two outside lights.
Can anyone recommend a quality manufacturer/supplier for outside lights.
I am looking for a trustworthy source where it is possible to select from a
range and know that whichever fitting you choose will last a number of
years, not just 18 months.

The last fitting I purchased shed its paint within a couple of years. After
stripping, cleaning, priming and hammeriting, it then looked smart and
lasted for 10 years.
I would like to find a range of products that do not need this user
intervention.

TIA

Phil

Kieran Mansley

On Mon, 23 May 2005 10:19:55 +0100, TheScullster wrote:

Hi all

Just having an extension re-furb'd and want to fit two outside lights.
Can anyone recommend a quality manufacturer/supplier for outside lights.
I am looking for a trustworthy source where it is possible to select from a
range and know that whichever fitting you choose will last a number of
years, not just 18 months.

The last fitting I purchased shed its paint within a couple of years. After
stripping, cleaning, priming and hammeriting, it then looked smart and
lasted for 10 years.
I would like to find a range of products that do not need this user
intervention.

http://www.coughtrie.co.uk/

The best thing about these is that spare parts are easy to come by, so
that when you swing a ladder into your outside light and break the
diffuser like I did a few weeks ago, it's easy to fix.

They made in Glasgow, if I remember rightly, so should be pretty tough.

Kieran