DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT ... ID cards (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/106776-ot-id-cards.html)

raden May 19th 05 07:51 PM

OT ... ID cards

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.pledgebank.com/no2id

--
geoff

Andrew Gabriel May 19th 05 08:48 PM

In article ,
raden writes:

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.pledgebank.com/no2id

I read the pledge the first couple of times as
"I will refuse to register for an ID card but only if 3,000,000
people will sign up [for an ID card]."

Also, I think there might be a problem scaling the page to
3,000,000 signatories... ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel

BigWallop May 19th 05 09:12 PM

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
raden writes:

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.pledgebank.com/no2id

I read the pledge the first couple of times as
"I will refuse to register for an ID card but only if 3,000,000
people will sign up [for an ID card]."

Also, I think there might be a problem scaling the page to
3,000,000 signatories... ;-)

Andrew Gabriel

I'm all for Photo and Finger Print ID Cards. It should be made mandatory to
carried your ID at all times, and detention or a spot fine imposed if you're
found without one.

Just think of the implications if someone is arrested after breaking in to a
house. If they don't have an ID card on them, then it is automatically an
arrestible offence, and if they can't produce a qualified ID card within a
certain time frame, then another offence is added to the original crime. If
they produce a forged ID, then the offence is automatically doubled or tripled.

What a different society we'd all see, I think.

Grumps May 19th 05 09:38 PM

The only people who might object to id cards are those who are either
illegal in this country or those who have something to hide!!!!
In one way or another we carry id cards now! either a driving licence or
credit/debit card so what's the objections?.,
Grumps

Mary Fisher May 19th 05 09:41 PM

"BigWallop" wrote in message news:4r6je.35564

I'm all for Photo and Finger Print ID Cards. It should be made mandatory
carried your ID at all times, and detention or a spot fine imposed if
you're
found without one.

I admit that I can't see any problem with having them. But as for having
them with you at all times - I don't carry anything at all times, if I did
I'd probably lose it.

For instance, I've just been up to the football field with Spoouse to try
out his new electric plane. I took a camera and handkerchief, nothing else.
We walked so not even any keys. No need for money, purse, anything. I had no
pocket so where would I have put an ID card?

I take only what I need wherever I go.

Just think of the implications if someone is arrested after breaking in to
house. If they don't have an ID card on them, then it is automatically an
arrestible offence, and if they can't produce a qualified ID card within a
certain time frame, then another offence is added to the original crime.
If
they produce a forged ID, then the offence is automatically doubled or
tripled.

Ah - well I've no intention of breaking into a house.

What a different society we'd all see, I think.

I think you're probably right - or would be if it weren't for solicitors.

Mary

Mary Fisher May 19th 05 09:41 PM

"Grumps" wrote in message
The only people who might object to id cards are those who are either
illegal in this country or those who have something to hide!!!!
In one way or another we carry id cards now! either a driving licence or
credit/debit card so what's the objections?.,

Quite.

Grumpess.

Grumps

Al Reynolds May 19th 05 09:51 PM

"Grumps" wrote:
The only people who might object to id cards are those who are either
illegal in this country or those who have something to hide!!!!
In one way or another we carry id cards now! either a driving licence or
credit/debit card so what's the objections?.,

Ask yourself this question. Would you let the government install a
GPS tracking system in your car* or on your person, so that they
would know where you were the majority of the time?

Read the proposed legislation. It gives the government and other
authorities rights to access to every instance of the ID being
checked (it isn't just a visual check). As more and more
transactions will require your ID to be checked, they will eventually
know where you are most of the time, and what you do with your
time . As a rule I don't have any truck with civil liberties nonsense,
but this is a privacy issue more than a liberty issue. This scheme
goes *way* beyond a simple ID card (which is what most people
think it is).

FWIW, I do think it will cut crime, but I don't even have a
supermarket loyalty card because I don't like people collecting data
on my shopping habits, so the potential abuses of the proposed ID
card scheme horrify me.

Just my 2p,
Al

*this is also planned, under the guise of monitoring speeding

Steve Walker May 19th 05 09:53 PM

BigWallop wrote:

I'm all for Photo and Finger Print ID Cards. It should be made
mandatory to carried your ID at all times, and detention or a
spot fine imposed if you're found without one.

Just think of the implications if someone is arrested after
breaking in to a house. If they don't have an ID card on them,
then it is automatically an arrestible offence, and if they can't
produce a qualified ID card within a certain time frame, then
another offence is added to the original crime. If they produce
a forged ID, then the offence is automatically doubled or
tripled.

What a different society we'd all see, I think.

Yeah, a police state.
You are David Blunkett, AICMFP.

Steve Walker May 19th 05 09:57 PM

Grumps wrote:
The only people who might object to id cards are those who are
either illegal in this country or those who have something to
hide!!!!

I am neither, and I resent your offensive insinuations. I simply wish to
enjoy my traditional British birthright of privacy, without being tracked,
tagged and surveilled by an unaccountable army of public and commercial
'security services'.

I propose to install cctv in your home, grumps. I'm going to wire it to
every room, so that we can watch you night and day. You will only object to
this if you are either illegal in this country or have something to hide...

Alan May 19th 05 10:00 PM

In message , Grumps
wrote

The only people who might object to id cards are those who are either
illegal in this country or those who have something to hide!!!!

The Government have stated that you will not need an ID card until you
have been in the country for 3 months!

In one way or another we carry id cards now! either a driving licence or
credit/debit card so what's the objections?.,

The only people who need to carry a driving licence are those criminals
that get stopped by the police so often.

I doubt if many people carry cards _everytime_ they go out.

--
Alan

:::Jerry:::: May 19th 05 10:02 PM

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"BigWallop" wrote in message

I'm all for Photo and Finger Print ID Cards. It should be made

mandatory
carried your ID at all times, and detention or a spot fine imposed

if
you're
found without one.

I admit that I can't see any problem with having them. But as for

having
them with you at all times - I don't carry anything at all times, if

I did
I'd probably lose it.

For instance, I've just been up to the football field with Spoouse

to try
out his new electric plane. I took a camera and handkerchief,

nothing else.
We walked so not even any keys. No need for money, purse, anything.

I had no
pocket so where would I have put an ID card?

On a chain around your neck? You could even be naked and still carry
your ID card !

I take only what I need wherever I go.

So you would NEED to carry your ID card, just like most people
remember that they need to take their house keys when they go out, if
they are going to get back un that is.

Not that I can see ID cards solving anything....

Steve Walker May 19th 05 10:02 PM

Al Reynolds wrote:

Read the proposed legislation. It gives the government and other
authorities rights to access to every instance of the ID being
checked (it isn't just a visual check). As more and more
transactions will require your ID to be checked, they will
eventually know where you are most of the time, and what you do
with your time . As a rule I don't have any truck with civil liberties
nonsense, but this is a privacy issue more than a liberty issue. This
scheme goes *way* beyond a simple ID card (which is what
most people think it is).

Damned right. Within a few years you'll be swiping your ID to visit a
library, to draw money at the bank, to get on a bus. Private companies will
widely require them as part of a transaction, and link their data into the
statre systems.

The govt supercomputers will be able to map your movements, your friends and
your hobbies. Any govt agency, any social worker or tax inspector, any
friendly foreign govt or multi-national corporation, will be able to browse
your life like an episode of Big Brother, whether they're trying to catch
you or sell you soap powder.

This isn't crime prevention, the real crims & illegals will continue to
trade in cash or use false papers. It's the introduction of a subservient,
surveilled population of work-units, instead of a nation of free & sovereign
citizens.

:::Jerry:::: May 19th 05 10:11 PM

"raden" wrote in message

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.snipped

If people are serious about objecting to ID cards, rather than signing
up to a meaningless web page, may I suggest that you write directly to
the Home Office (stating valid and reasoned arguments as to why you
consider ID cards unworkable etc.) with a CC to your own MP.

The above approach can and *has* forced ministers to modify or rethink
policy / Bills before Parliament.

Mary Fisher May 19th 05 10:16 PM

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
Grumps wrote:
The only people who might object to id cards are those who are
either illegal in this country or those who have something to
hide!!!!

I am neither, and I resent your offensive insinuations. I simply wish to
enjoy my traditional British birthright of privacy,

er-birthright?

The only birthright any person has is that of being breast fed.

er - British?

What do you think your birthright would have been before the union?

without being tracked, tagged and surveilled by an unaccountable army of
public and commercial 'security services'.

Oh come on!

I propose to install cctv in your home, grumps. I'm going to wire it to
every room, so that we can watch you night and day. You will only object
to this if you are either illegal in this country or have something to
hide...

It wouldn't bother me. You'd get bored out of you paranoid mind watching it.
Can you imagine the result of your fears? Half the population watching the
other half 24/7?

Who watches the watchers? Not Blunkett.

Mary

Grunff May 19th 05 10:21 PM

BigWallop wrote:

I'm all for Photo and Finger Print ID Cards. It should be made mandatory to
carried your ID at all times, and detention or a spot fine imposed if you're
found without one.

OMG

I always thought you were a little odd, but /really/???

--
Grunff

Toby Sleigh May 19th 05 10:26 PM

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

What do you think your birthright would have been before the union?

without being tracked, tagged and surveilled by an unaccountable army of
public and commercial 'security services'.

Oh come on!

It wouldn't bother me. You'd get bored out of you paranoid mind watching
it. Can you imagine the result of your fears? Half the population watching
the other half 24/7?

Who watches the watchers? Not Blunkett.

Mary

1 to 1 might be difficult, but East Germany got up to 1 to 6.5
http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/b...p?story=532434
Published : 18 June 2004

"in the snooper's state of East Germany, the Stasi secret police employed
one informer for every 6.5 citizens. Its agents monitored every aspect of
..."

Peter Parry May 19th 05 10:36 PM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:38:29 +0100, "Grumps"
wrote:

The only people who might object to id cards are those who are either
illegal in this country or those who have something to hide!!!!

I am neither, but I have some experience of what politicians and
police in this country have done to check people who have neither
committed nor are suspected of having committed any crime. I
therefore object most strongly to this authoritarian claptrap.

In one way or another we carry id cards now!

You might, I don't. I did for many years, to ensure that no one else
had to.

so what's the objections?.,

You don't mind being forced to carry an RFID card which can track
where you go even though it never comes out of your pocket? You
don't mind the police tracking you because you are going out with a
policemans daughter and the father doesn't think much of it? You
don't mind your local politician asking for an eye to be kept on you
because you criticised (or just failed to support) some pet project
of theirs? You don't mind a quite word being dropped to your
employer that "surveillance evidence" puts you in some pretty
disreputable places and maybe you shouldn't be working there any
more? (Never mind whether the evidence exists - the employer knows it
may - and if they are doing government work...?). If you are a
teacher you don't mind a policeman coming around (told you not to go
out with his daughter didn't I) and asking the headmaster why you
were tracked staying in Mothercare for 3 hours each Saturday and
sitting in a playground all Sunday? It won't affect you at all will
it, after all, what have you got to hide?

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Mary Fisher May 19th 05 10:36 PM

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

I'm all for Photo and Finger Print ID Cards. It should be made

mandatory
carried your ID at all times, and detention or a spot fine imposed

if
you're
found without one.

I admit that I can't see any problem with having them. But as for

having
them with you at all times - I don't carry anything at all times, if

I did
I'd probably lose it.

For instance, I've just been up to the football field with Spouse

to try
out his new electric plane. I took a camera and handkerchief,

nothing else.
We walked so not even any keys. No need for money, purse, anything.

I had no
pocket so where would I have put an ID card?

On a chain around your neck? You could even be naked and still carry
your ID card !

I'm not going out on a cold evening with no clothes!

I take only what I need wherever I go.

So you would NEED to carry your ID card, just like most people
remember that they need to take their house keys when they go out, if
they are going to get back un that is.

We didn't lock the door ... :-)

Not that I can see ID cards solving anything....

Perhaps not but I can't see them doing any harm either. It's worth a try.

Mary

Mary Fisher May 19th 05 10:38 PM

"Toby Sleigh" wrote in message

[...]

.."

I don't read newspapers even on their issue date :-)

But it would ensure full employment,the idea gets better all the time G

Mary

Peter Parry May 19th 05 10:39 PM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:12:48 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Just think of the implications if someone is arrested after breaking in to a
house. If they don't have an ID card on them, then it is automatically an
arrestible offence, and if they can't produce a qualified ID card within a
certain time frame, then another offence is added to the original crime. If
they produce a forged ID, then the offence is automatically doubled or tripled.

What a different society we'd all see, I think.

The clear up rate would soar - people could now be arrested for _not_
breaking into houses. Society would indeed be different.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Mike May 19th 05 10:41 PM

"Toby Sleigh" wrote in message
Who watches the watchers? Not Blunkett.

1 to 1 might be difficult, but East Germany got up to 1 to 6.5
http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/b...p?story=532434
Published : 18 June 2004

"in the snooper's state of East Germany, the Stasi secret police employed
one informer for every 6.5 citizens. Its agents monitored every aspect of
.."

But they had crap computers. Okay so do our government but that could be
dealt with. With modern techniques it should be possible to monitor
everybody on perhaps a 100:1 ratio.

As most of us have mobile phones our location is already usually known to
800m or so and this will come down significantly with the future GPS equiped
phones.

Think I'll move to the Isle of Man.

:::Jerry:::: May 19th 05 10:46 PM

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
snip

I simply wish to
enjoy my traditional British birthright of privacy, without being

tracked,
tagged and surveilled by an unaccountable army of public and

commercial
'security services'.

We have no rights in this country, any privileges we do have are given
by Parliament, those who allow can rescind....

BigWallop May 19th 05 10:49 PM

"raden" wrote in message

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.pledgebank.com/no2id

geoff

If everyone of an innocent nature was carrying an ID card, then you wouldn't be
worried at all about being stopped in the street by the police and asked to show
your ID. I think you'd only fly off the handle and object if you knew you had
something to hide, or had just done something that is against the rules of
society, normally called the moral code.

Who in their right minds would think that, in a population of millions of
people, that they, and they alone, would be picked out and scrutinised by the
big brother state? Answers on a post-card to: :-)

Only them with a paranoid disposition are going to think they're being watched
from on high. Time to bring out the aluminium foil hats folks.

BigWallop May 19th 05 10:52 PM

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

snipped
.."

I don't read newspapers even on their issue date :-)

The last time I read a newspaper, I think Dunkirk was being evactuated. :-)

BigWallop May 19th 05 10:53 PM

"Mike" wrote in message

"Toby Sleigh" wrote in message
Who watches the watchers? Not Blunkett.

1 to 1 might be difficult, but East Germany got up to 1 to 6.5
http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/b...p?story=532434
Published : 18 June 2004

"in the snooper's state of East Germany, the Stasi secret police employed
one informer for every 6.5 citizens. Its agents monitored every aspect of
.."

But they had crap computers. Okay so do our government but that could be
dealt with. With modern techniques it should be possible to monitor
everybody on perhaps a 100:1 ratio.

As most of us have mobile phones our location is already usually known to
800m or so and this will come down significantly with the future GPS equiped
phones.

Think I'll move to the Isle of Man.

We'll still find youuuuuuuuuu!!!! :-)

Mary Fisher May 19th 05 11:00 PM

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

snipped
.."

I don't read newspapers even on their issue date :-)

The last time I read a newspaper, I think Dunkirk was being evactuated.
:-)

I admit that I read a little bit of part of one last Saturday. Just enough
to see that what I'd written had been mangled. A neighbour showed it to me,
it was about her husband.

Mary

Mary Fisher May 19th 05 11:01 PM

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"Mike" wrote in message

[...]

He might have been bluffing, might have meant the Isle of Wight ...

Mary

Mary Fisher May 19th 05 11:01 PM

"BigWallop" wrote in message
k...

If everyone of an innocent nature was carrying an ID card, then you
wouldn't be
worried at all about being stopped in the street by the police and asked
to show
your ID. I think you'd only fly off the handle and object if you knew you
had
something to hide, or had just done something that is against the rules of
society, normally called the moral code.

Who in their right minds would think that, in a population of millions of
people, that they, and they alone, would be picked out and scrutinised by
the
big brother state? Answers on a post-card to: :-)

Only them with a paranoid disposition are going to think they're being
watched
from on high. Time to bring out the aluminium foil hats folks.

That won't stop the sky from falling on their heads ...

Mary

Mary Fisher May 19th 05 11:04 PM

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

snip

If people are serious about objecting to ID cards, rather than

signing
up to a meaningless web page, may I suggest that you write

directly to
the Home Office (stating valid and reasoned arguments as to why

you
consider ID cards unworkable etc.) with a CC to your own MP.

The above approach can and *has* forced ministers to modify or

rethink
policy / Bills before Parliament.

When?

Within the last couple of years, and the parliamentary Bill I'm
thinking of it was also a Home Office Bill.

Can't you be more specific?

Mary

Brian G May 19th 05 11:10 PM

raden writes:

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.pledgebank.com/no2id

I read the pledge the first couple of times as
"I will refuse to register for an ID card but only if 3,000,000
people will sign up [for an ID card]."

Also, I think there might be a problem scaling the page to
3,000,000 signatories...

Andrew Gabriel

I'm all for Photo and Finger Print ID Cards. It should be made
mandatory to carried your ID at all times, and detention or a spot
fine imposed if you're found without one.

What happens if you forget your wallet? Or just feel like wandering around
the beach on a nice hot hot day in just your bathers (nowhere to slip your
ID into) , and a rather officious PC plod decides to ask for your ID and
won't allow you to go beck to where your clothes are? It will happen, and
according to your statement, you're going to spend a little time in a cell
and probably end up with a criminal record just for 'forgetting'.

Won't happen? Can't happen, you bet it will!

Just think of the implications if someone is arrested after breaking
in to a house. If they don't have an ID card on them, then it is
automatically an arrestible offence, and if they can't produce a
qualified ID card within a certain time frame, then another offence
is added to the original crime. If they produce a forged ID, then
the offence is automatically doubled or tripled.

What are the chances of someone being detected? My wife and I were asleep
when the b*****ds did us over - nobody detected them or even caught 'em.

What a different society we'd all see, I think.

Yes, an Orwellian society where it is possible that a little jumped-up prat
can sit at a computer terminal and wipe all your records clean - leaving you
out on a limb trying to prove who you are.

Won't happen? Can't happen, you bet it will!

Run out of cash when shopping and nip into the local bank and when you're
there, you find that you have 'forgotten' your ID card - sorry sir, I can't
give YOUR own cash, but hang on a minute whilst I call the police, because
even though I recognise you from your many visits here, those are the rules!

Won't happen? Can't happen, you bet it will!

Just wait for a few years after they have been made compulsory and see how
many British citizens are designated 'non-persons' because of errors and
deliberate tampering of their details.

Won't happen? Can't happen, you bet it will -- especially if you are a
committed anti-war or or other type of protestor - just read how they
recently tried to swing an ASBO on a lady who has been legally protesting
against an American base in this country. If they can try and abuse that
for their own ends, it will be even easier with an ID card - no judges to
fight against.

Paranoid about this? You bet I am as I know all-to-well how easy it is for
someone to sit at a computer terminal and deliberately delete details - and
once that is done, try proving who you are or that the details were even
there in the first place!

Brian G

:::Jerry:::: May 19th 05 11:14 PM

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

snip

The last time I read a newspaper, I think Dunkirk was being

evactuated. :-)

Considering the old crap you come out with sometimes, the above is
quite believable !... :~)

Brian G May 19th 05 11:21 PM

Grumps wrote:
The only people who might object to id cards are those who are either
illegal in this country or those who have something to hide!!!!
In one way or another we carry id cards now! either a driving licence
or credit/debit card so what's the objections?.,
Grumps

carrying driving licences and credit cards with you is NOT mandatory. If
you leave them at home and then stopped and asked for ID you are NOT
commiting an offence by not having them on your person.

Introduce a mandatory scheme, and then if you don't show the card when asked
by ANYONE who has been granted the necessary authority (not just the local
plod, but literally the butcher, the baker and the candle-stick maker if
they have been given the authority to do so) , you can/will be arrested.

Big brother is coming - a little late, but he is coming!

Brian G

Mike May 19th 05 11:28 PM

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"in the snooper's state of East Germany, the Stasi secret police

employed
one informer for every 6.5 citizens. Its agents monitored every aspect

of
.."

But they had crap computers. Okay so do our government but that could

be
dealt with. With modern techniques it should be possible to monitor
everybody on perhaps a 100:1 ratio.

As most of us have mobile phones our location is already usually known

800m or so and this will come down significantly with the future GPS

equiped
phones.

Think I'll move to the Isle of Man.

We'll still find youuuuuuuuuu!!!! :-)

Yeah - but there's less laws to break there. No National Insurance to pay.
No speed limits outside town.

and :

No part P !!!!!!!!! :-)

Lee May 19th 05 11:31 PM

Steve Walker wrote:

Damned right. Within a few years you'll be swiping your ID to visit a
library, to draw money at the bank, to get on a bus. Private companies will
widely require them as part of a transaction, and link their data into the
statre systems.

This (Merkin) clip sums up my objection to ID cards:
http://www.adcritic.com/interactive/view.php?id=5927

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

Brian G May 19th 05 11:36 PM

Grumps wrote:
The only people who might object to id cards are those who are
either illegal in this country or those who have something to
hide!!!!

I am neither, and I resent your offensive insinuations. I simply
wish to enjoy my traditional British birthright of privacy,

er-birthright?

The only birthright any person has is that of being breast fed.

er - British?

What do you think your birthright would have been before the union?

without being tracked, tagged and surveilled by an unaccountable
army of public and commercial 'security services'.

Oh come on!

Mary, you are tracked now, you cannot go onto a major motorway or road
without being 'logged' by cameras that can read your number plate AND take a
very good photo of the driver and front seat passenger. And when they
ultimately fit the 'little black box' into your car under the guise of
'paying for the road you use' then they will be able to track you on every
journey right down to the time that you got into the car and then got out
again.

BTW, if you have a mobile phone, you can be tracked by GPS to within a few
metres - even with it turned off.

I propose to install cctv in your home, grumps. I'm going to wire
it to every room, so that we can watch you night and day. You will
only object to this if you are either illegal in this country or
have something to hide...

It wouldn't bother me. You'd get bored out of you paranoid mind
watching it. Can you imagine the result of your fears? Half the
population watching the other half 24/7?

That is exactly what will happen - you will be constantly looking over your
shoulder to see who is watching or following you.

Who watches the watchers? Not Blunkett.

There will be no need, a climate of fear will have been instilled and the
population will watch each other whilst the likes of Blunkett and Clark can
sleep safely in their beds surrounded by all the trappings of the pampered.

Brian G

raden May 19th 05 11:41 PM

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"BigWallop" wrote in message news:4r6je.35564

I'm all for Photo and Finger Print ID Cards. It should be made mandatory
carried your ID at all times, and detention or a spot fine imposed if
you're
found without one.

I admit that I can't see any problem with having them.

And you'd be quite happy to pay £80 (which will probably be
significantly more) for it, or did you forget that bit ?

--
geoff

raden May 19th 05 11:48 PM

In message ws.net,
":::Jerry::::" writes

So you would NEED to carry your ID card, just like most people
remember that they need to take their house keys when they go out, if
they are going to get back un that is.

Not that I can see ID cards solving anything....

I presume you left out a "'t" there

--
geoff

Brian G May 19th 05 11:52 PM

BigWallop wrote:
"raden" wrote in message

For those who have switched off from VE day Warplanes ...

http://www.pledgebank.com/no2id

geoff

If everyone of an innocent nature was carrying an ID card, then you
wouldn't be worried at all about being stopped in the street by the
police and asked to show your ID. I think you'd only fly off the
handle and object if you knew you had something to hide, or had just
done something that is against the rules of society, normally called
the moral code.

What about the freedom just to walk about without having to explain yourself
to all and sundry. Remember, it just won't be PC plod who will have the
power to stop you.

With you moral code, what is 'moral' to you is 'immoral' to someone else,
even though what you are doing is perfectly legal!

Who in their right minds would think that, in a population of
millions of people, that they, and they alone, would be picked out
and scrutinised by the big brother state? Answers on a post-card to:
:-)

Ask that question to those people who have been stopped and searched under
the 'Suss law' - even though they have been going about their lawful
business. You, like me are old enough to remember that one, with people
being stopped just because they had long hair - I last saw that law being
used a few years ago when driving through a major city and four plods had
just stopped a young lad for no apparent reason in the 'club-land' area and
were searching him.

Only them with a paranoid disposition are going to think they're
being watched from on high. Time to bring out the aluminium foil
hats folks.

They will watch and you don't need to be of a paranoid disposition to work
that out. BW, you are being 'watched' now. Just jump into your mode of
transport and drive on any major road and you will be photographed at some
stage and your vehicle number checked - could be a bit awkward if you were
'playin away' in the wrong area of town and there was a purge on.

Brian G