Steve

Default Kitchen Unit Halogen Lights Problem

Moved into this (rented) house about six months ago - kitchen is lovely
but has these tiny 2" dia Hela halogen spots underneath the units and
in the ones with glass doors. 11 of them on two feeds, via a
transformer on each.

Slowly over the six months they have failed - now I'm down to one!

I've replaced six of them, when the first few failed, but find it
impossible to get them to work 100%. Sometimes one will work if you
widdle it.

The bulbs are two pronged tiny things, and the 'oscket' is two tiny
holes. Wiring is ok, any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

Steve

dale hammond

you can buy new holders as it is the contacts that fail
i always go for the holders that have terminal screws so you get solid clamp
on to the lamp prongs

Steve wrote:
Moved into this (rented) house about six months ago - kitchen is

lovely
but has these tiny 2" dia Hela halogen spots underneath the units and

in the ones with glass doors. 11 of them on two feeds, via a
transformer on each.

Slowly over the six months they have failed - now I'm down to one!

holes. Wiring is ok, any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

get landlord to do it. Suggest not installing junk next time.

NT

Andrew Gabriel

In article 2005051913025175249%stek1961NO@spammaccom,
Steve writes:
Moved into this (rented) house about six months ago - kitchen is lovely
but has these tiny 2" dia Hela halogen spots underneath the units and
in the ones with glass doors. 11 of them on two feeds, via a
transformer on each.

Slowly over the six months they have failed - now I'm down to one!

I've replaced six of them, when the first few failed, but find it
impossible to get them to work 100%. Sometimes one will work if you
widdle it.

The bulbs are two pronged tiny things, and the 'oscket' is two tiny
holes. Wiring is ok, any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

In rented accomodation, you shouldn't do so. You've tried
replacing the bulbs and that didn't work. Now pass the
problem over the the agent or landlord. It sounds like
the lamps might have poor contacts. If you fiddle with
them and there's a fire, things could get rather hot in
more ways than one.

--
Andrew Gabriel