DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Moving A Gas Meter - Advice (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/106222-moving-gas-meter-advice.html)

Tricky Dicky May 13th 05 08:14 PM

Moving A Gas Meter - Advice

Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I want
to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

Cheers

Tricky

Lobster May 13th 05 08:28 PM

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I want
to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

A total PITA basically - have a look back in the archives of this ng,
someone else wanted to do it about 2-3 weeks ago, and it generated a
long thread

David

OldBill May 13th 05 08:29 PM

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I want
to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

Cheers

Tricky

It bloody expensive. They wanted so much I left mine in the new
extension under desk. Rather awkward for the meter readers on the rare
occasions they turn up :-)

John Stumbles May 13th 05 10:43 PM

Lobster wrote:

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I
want to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

A total PITA basically - have a look back in the archives of this ng,
someone else wanted to do it about 2-3 weeks ago, and it generated a
long thread

I think it was more of a PITA finding who to contact than actually getting
it done. ISTR it costs about 250-300

Tricky Dicky May 14th 05 08:56 AM

"OldBill" wrote in message
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Obviously a task for a professional but has anyone had this done?

At the moment the house I plan to renovate has its meter right where I
want to put a downstairs WC and it would help greatly to move it.

What's the score on this?

Cheers

Tricky

It bloody expensive. They wanted so much I left mine in the new extension
under desk. Rather awkward for the meter readers on the rare occasions
they turn up :-)

Thanks for the replies. Well that settles it then - have to work round it. I
had guessed as much but thought I would ask to be on the safe side

Cheers

Tricky